Just checking in

Random Chat / Topics to be posted here

Just checking in

Postby Chette » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:19 am

I have almost forgot this site was still here.

Any one around lately?

Hi George

Anyone heard from Steve?

God bless
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Re: Just checking in

Postby George » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Aloha Brother Chette,

It’s real good to hear from you again and I hope that you and your family are doing well in this present evil world.

After all these years I’m glad that you have found the reason for your son James’ problems. After reading your Post I went online and found a link to an article concerning Fragile X Syndrome which explained the physiological problems (in laymen's terms) that people encounter when they have inherited this damaged gene. The article defined Fragile (or Broken) X Syndrome thus:
What causes Fragile X Syndrome?
Fragile X syndrome is a genetic disorder. Genetic disorders are caused by one or more changed genes.

Now that you know what the problem is, it is my sincere hope and prayer that you and your wife can, with the help of the Lord, work your way through it and successfully help James overcome this handicap. From the information provided in the article it is obvious that this physiological defect is inherited and there is no way that you or your wife could have known about it, especially since it has taken years for the doctors to discover the cause of James’ problems.

Health wise, Irene and I are doing exceptionally well for our age – for which we are continually thankful to God. We just celebrated our 54th wedding anniversary and are as much in love with each other (and probably more so) as we were 54 years ago. Each day I am made aware that God blessed me with an extraordinary companion and help meet, and each day I thank Him for that blessing – especially after having observed the vast majority of married couples (secular and ‘Christian’) which I have encountered during my lifetime.

Although the Forum has slowed down to a bare trickle, I have continued my studies in the Holy Scriptures. Over the past three years I have devoted most of my time researching the subject of “the church of God” (and “the churches of God”) as it is described solely within the pages of the Holy Bible. And I have come to the sad and tragic conclusion that the vast majority of the so-called ‘Fundamental’ and ‘Evangelical’ churches of the present day barely resemble the early churches of God during the Apostle Paul’s day - both in practice and in governance.

I am convinced that the absence of a God-given ‘Final Authority’ within today’s churches has led to the failure of the vast majority of modern day ‘Christian’ churches (including professing Bible believing churches) to follow the pattern and examples of church practice and governance set forth in the Holy Scriptures, which has led to the apostasy which we are witnessing today - even within professing King James Bible believing churches (of which there are so very few).

There is far too much “respect of persons” going on in today’s professing Bible believing churches and far too little glorifying Almighty God and/or honoring (i.e. obeying & following) His Holy word. Instead of today’s professing Bible believing churches following God according to His Holy words (as found within the pages of the Holy Bible), most of today’s professing Bible believing churches are following men (pastors, teachers, commentators, etc.) and men’s words instead.

Most of today’s professing Bible believing churches are conforming to the traditions of the world by adopting the ‘business model’ of successful businesses in the secular world; and in doing so they have abandoned the pattern and examples of church practice and governance set forth in the Holy Scriptures! The church of God is NOT A BUSINESS – IT IS A LIVING ORGANISM! And the attempt by today’s church leaders (pastors, teachers, etc.) to emulate secular business practices and conforming church practice and governance to the traditions and rudiments of the world (e.g. Jack Hyles, et al) has led to the apostasy we are now witnessing throughout today’s professing Bible believing churches.    

I could go on but, after many frustrating and disappointing years, I have discovered that most people (including most professing Bible believers) have little or no interest in the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Had I known this tragic fact years ago I could have saved myself a whole lot of frustration and disappointment. This Forum and the “AV1611 Bible Forum” (Brother Brandon Staggs’ Forum) before it are perfect examples of what I am talking about. The sad fact that I have learned (better late than never) is that most people (including most professing Bible believers) have little or no interest in the truth!    

May our wonderful God continue to bless you and yours brother, and may He continue to use you for His glory.

Your brother in Christ and for His Holy word,

George Anderson

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Re: Just checking in

Postby PeanutGallery » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:29 pm

Chette wrote:I have almost forgot this site was still here.

Any one around lately?

This summer we were surprisingly not allowed to return to our community due to mandatory forest fire evacuation which lasted  two weeks;  no property damage other than those in outlying areas.
Anyway, the laptop crashed and it took another two weeks to get it going again.  Just a few days ago I remembered this forum, found the URL and logged in.

George:
You stated "Final Authority", I wonder if it is different than "Only Authority".
Just thinking how many seek a long line of authorities until they finally hit the wall?

Still appreciate the Depository; I wonder if one is allowed to download entire content; great stuff in there.
1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed with the precious blood of Christ
PeanutGallery

Return to Chit-Chat