Comparing Today's Christian Teaching to the Teaching of Paul

Random Chat / Topics to be posted here

Comparing Today's Christian Teaching to the Teaching of Paul

Postby Chette » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:25 pm

I have been paying close attention to many of the modern day Christian teachings on the Internet, Radio, TV and from the Pulpit.  Also, I have been paying attention to many of the lyrics of modern day Christian Music and from what I am seeing when I compare it to Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles teachings, it's false and an heresy.

Most of what I am hearing is just modern psychological views of what one sees when they read the scriptures and what they feel the scriptures are saying.  And then presenting it in a way to get the hearers to agree with them.  I often see that the scriptures aren't in agreement with all they say.

Things Like "Giving up Rights", "Hearing God", "I am Saved so I will live as I want" and a host of other TOPICS are being wrapped around the scriptures but not really taught in the scriptures.

Truly, the forsaking of the truth of God's word is amongst us and this is the sign of the falling away that Paul spoke of in 2 Thessalonians.

The simplicity that is in Christ is lost in the modern teaching.  Resting in his finished work, in his righteousness that helps us to live godly lives in Christ Jesus is lost to the teaching of men, motivated in making a living and a name amongst men.  Labeling and timing the end times and outlining the antichrist in these days seems to be far more interesting than learning how to live with Christ by the power of God or obeying this simple command, 2Ti 2:19 ¶ Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.  sometimes I wonder if they even know the complexities of their own iniquity ( 1) i.e. self will).

I am totally besides myself.  Men reinterpret the word of God to create their messages instead of just using the preserved interpretation to teach what Paul has been teaching all along, that our strength for life and godliness is in Christ Jesus, the living word, as it is preserved for us in His written word.

The last days are upon us but not for the reasons that many of the so called prophets of our day say, but by the denial of God's clear word for their own words.

Lord have mercy on us and for thy sake come quickly.
Last edited by Chette on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

here is a prime example

Postby Chette » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Now while this man, who claims to have written a more perfect word of God, which he sells online and uses in his newsletters, while he claims to study the word and then in view of scripture tries to condemn modern worship practice (the word of God prescribes no style over another) he hit the key to the correct transport of the Ark of the Covenant and tries to make you believe that David also changed the musical style which was not supported by scriptures.

here is his comments

> Re: Does it -really- matter? (2Sam 6:5,15)
>
> A few weeks ago we considered "Purity in Service". Keeping the unclean
> out of God's worship. Over time we periodically speak of keeping the
> nonbeliever 'out' of the congregation of Believers met for worship and
> exhortation. On occasion we speak of music... of the wrongness of the
> current trend for "worship bands" and "worship music" in its
> Rock/mantra style.
>
> This latter item usually stirs up the most vehement responses. And for
> the most part, the attitude of proponents of worship bands and
> "christian" Rock, and other forms of CCM is that everybody has "their
> own style" of worship, that it is -all- praise to God. That people
> worship God with the kind of music they are "comfortable" with, etc.
> That it doesn't matter, as long as the worshippers are "sincere".
>
> In my personal reading this past week I 'happened' to notice something
> I had never seen before. I'm sure we all remember how the Ark of God
> was taken by the Philistines, and then returned on an ox cart to
> Israel. After years go by, David becomes king and decides it's time to
> bring the Ark from the private house where it's been residing, to
> Jerusalem.
>
> So, they set up an ox cart, again, and start bringing the Ark. Along
> with this is a procession of at least 30,000, and there is great
> rejoicing. The oxen fall, and the Ark about topples over and Uzzah
> is zapped dead when he reaches out to steady it. (vs6-7)
>
> Now, we typically then notice how several months later, David has done
> some research and tries again, this time, doing things God's way, the
> Ark is "carried". (vs13)
>
> But something else I only first noticed this time. The first time,
> David had assembled quite a "worship band". If you notice the list of
> instruments in vs5, were this assemblage put together today, the modern
> equivalents would be different kinds of guitars, brass instruments and
> all sorts of percussion instruments. You won't find -any- of these
> instruments listed in the books of the Law, where God is giving Moses
> the instructions on 'how to' worship.
>
> Now, notice, when they try again, with the Ark being carried, as it was
> supposed to...what is the instrumental accompaniment? The "sound of a   < his own translation here bold print by chette
> ram's horn". (vs15) You'll find plenty of mention of ram's horns in the    < couldn't find plenty of mentions of ram's horn in the law I found it once in Joshua
> Law.
>
> The first time, they were seeking to rejoice in God's presence, and
> even with "sincerity" of heart, wanted to bring the Ark to its "home".
> But they did not do so in God's prescribed manner. "..you shall observe
> all My statutes.." (Lev19:37) "And see that they are made by their
> patterns which you were caused to see in the mountain." (Ex25:40) And
> what happened when somebody brought "strange fire" which God had not
> commanded? God "consumed" Nadab and Abihu. (Lev10:1-2) When they tried
> to bring the Ark on a cart, Uzzah died.
>
> It doesn't say God's anger burned 'because' of the "music". But it was
> part of the overall festivities. And David changed the 'music' -ALSO-
> when he corrected the manner in which God's Ark was transported. And
> nobody died.
>
> As we add "2+2", the answer, "4", seems to be a pretty clear picture
> here, for those willing to see it.
>
> Amen!

But a closer look at the comparison scripture as found in 1Ch 15:28 Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the LORD with shouting, and with sound of the cornet, and with trumpets, and with cymbals, making a noise with psalteries and harps. shows us that David still used the same instruments of musick as found in 2 Sam 6 2Sa 6:5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.  one must also remember that a trumpet is not a rams horn (which was just one of a few errors) I looked for a commandment of the Ram's Horn or a trumpet being blown as the ark was to be transported but I could not find it.  I could be wrong and my search in error but there was no command as I can find.  

His errors are as follows 1) not comparing spiritual with spiritual, 2) not utilizing the rule that things that are different are not the same, 3) wanting to promote a doctrine of men about musical style of worship, and 4) adding to the word of God.

I sent him the following reply to his weekly newsletter he had been sending me.

As a minister of God's word for over 20 years I am compelled to remind you that Paul encouraged us to compare spiritual things to spiritual things.  I cannot judge your heart motive as to why you left out the second recording of the event as found in Holy Writ, I pray only that it was an oversight on your part and not an attempt to promote a musical doctrine of man that is not found in scripture.

In both recordings there were those instruments of Musick present at both attempts to bring the ark to Jerusalem unto the city of David.

Here is the second recording as found in 1 Chronicles 15

1Ch 15:28 Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the LORD with shouting, and with sound of the cornet, and with trumpets, and with cymbals, making a noise with psalteries and harps.
29 And it came to pass, as the ark of the covenant of the LORD came to the city of David, that Michal the daughter of Saul looking out at a window saw king David dancing and playing: and she despised him in her heart

I pray you are willing to see your error

Chette

To which I was promptly removed from his mailing list with no admission he had overlooked 1 Chronicles 15 and that the same instruments were used in the second transportation as were in the first attempt.  

while I may agree with him on some points of the trend of modern rock/ girl friend/God songs being used in today's modern places of assembling, I do not agree that teaching an error or adding to the word of God is necessary to promote his ideas on it.  

Pride is the bane of men and will keep us from learning the truth of God's word.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

Chette

Re: Comparing Today's Christian Teaching to the Teaching of

Postby George » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:05 am

Aloha Brother Chette,

Sorry for a slow reply but we had a power outage and my computer wouldn't boot so I had to go back to my old computer and it's been a real struggle getting everything to work.

I fully agree with what you have posted and I will try to comment more fully when I get everything up and running correctly.

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby Chette » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:18 pm

I was taught by some that you must dig out the treasure of God's word, often quoting the man who found a pearl of great price scripture in support of their teaching, which has nothing to do with studying the word of God.

What these guys are doing is not bringing out something but imposing on the scriptures their own ideas and calling it the word of God.

There are a slew of tickling ear preachers out there acting more like celebreties than teachers of God's word.  and as such they are teaching error and misconceptions.  I heard one man say, "people who visited our church for the first time would come up to me and say, ""You teach the Bible"".    But I am telling you the guy was nothing more than an entertainer working up the crowd.  Many of these preachers are in the pulpit for the nice living they are making, complete with 401K, health insurance, car allowance.  

Tit 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Churches today are ran like businesses something totally foreign to Paul and the early church.  This is how religions have been ran before Christianity came about.  It has always been about the money, control and manipulation of the people for personal gain of an individual or a group.

After reading the Bible and studying it I have found fewer and fewer places to go to church because the errors stand out so strong and no one seems to care.  It is as if this is what it is and we should all be good little sheep and follow along.  the simplicity in Christ has been lost and replaced with "don't do this and do that" and you are on the right track.  But that has always been the wide road which leads to destruction.

Peter said they were not to run the church like this.  It is either they are blind to it or they think it is speaking about someone other than them.

1Pe 5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

I guess they want their rewards now because they may not get them when the chief Shepherd appears and some not even a crown of glory.

Chette

song's are just as bad

Postby Chette » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:06 am

the slew of Holy Spirit fill this place, fill our hearts, we want more of you, we want your presence SONGS, wreak of not understanding the scriptures as well.

the Scriptures are clear we are FILLED with the Holy Ghost. so hence where we are the Holy Ghost is.  People who don't feel the presence of God/Holy Spirit in a place is because they don't have him or they have grieved him and hence the desire for MORE of him.

All of this is attributed to poor and weak teaching, teaching for the word of God the doctrine of men.  Not reading their Bibles enough or reading a different version every year causes people not to know what the Preserved word of God says on the issue of the presence of God, the Holy Ghost and how you are given it as a earnest of your salvation makes spiritual dwarfs of those who are or may not be saved.

This is just some of the mess being promoted out there and it is getting a little old to me.

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one seeing this.

Chette

Ever notice the Sunday Altar calls?

Postby Chette » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Ever notice that when the pastor gives the altar call for Christians to "get right" that it is usually the same people week after week going up and praying, crying and supposedly "getting right". Then next week they are up there again.

They do not understand the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus.  Their rest and life is in him but they keep falling back into the worlds trap and sin.  Sunday comes they go to church feel remorse and then up at the altar they go.  so are getting re-saved.  go figure.

The point is to much teaching of men for control of the pocket books ten percent that people are not getting the truth of God word of what Christ has done.

We were not great men that others would die for us.  We weren't even some what good that even others would follow and give their life for us.  We were down right dirty rotten no good sinners deserving death in an eternal hell and yet while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

If God would come and die for me why should I live my life entangled again in sin?  That Grace may abound?

I fear men don't get it anymore because the church is used to make money and the teaching of simple truths won't bring money into their coffers.

people need to stop looking for entertainment get rid of their cable connection, their smart phones and their computers if necessary and just read the Bible through for the next three years maybe then they might see the light of God's truth.

Chette

the Apostles Creed, the basis of most fellowships

Postby Chette » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:56 pm

churches are more united around what is known as the Apostles Creed than the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus.  With the creed you hook them into all bible as for today because the creed is Biblical.

So many are teaching Yaweh / Jehovah over LORD, Yeshua Messiah over Jesus Christ.  Tithing over what so ever you purpose in your heart.  Keeping vows and if broken come to the altar a get right instead of You are free from sin and death.

There is so much that is lacking and as the worldliness takes over the chruch with mega TV Screens, and book sales, Christian wrapped psychiatry, weak teaching and wrong worship I know that the end is near.

I challenge any Christians to give up their cable TV for one year and read the Bible during those same times they would watch and that alone would change their outlook on their Christianity and their relationship with Christ.

Technology is good but most of it is making spiritual dwarfs of those who profess Christianity as their faith.   The Bible has become last place in life to their devices, internet and TV.

Woe unto them that call evil good and good evil.

Chette

Show us your Power, Lord

Postby Chette » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:26 pm

Not only have I heard this prayed put it is a main lyrics for some of the Christian worship songs.

Israel saw the power and their elders saw God himself Exodus 24:9, 10 and they feared to death to even get close.  Exodus 20:18 ¶ And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

One man asked God to show him his glory and that was Moses and yet he had to be hidden so that in the presence of God Moses would not be destroyed.

Exodus 33:17 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Moses was quite possibly a bit more in a right relationship than most of todays supposed Christians, yet the LORD told him he could not see him and live so how much more those today asking to see his power, see his glory, feel his presence.  

I may not sin as much as other men but even that is not good enough.  I know that when the Lord appears I will be on my face giving him glory for by grace am I saved and for no other reason and that not of myself, but by the work of Christ.  He deserves all my praise and if he will allow me to stand it will be by the blood of his son Jesus Christ and not in my own strength.

What many want is what I call the "dragon ball Z experience".  they want to see some great magical power, they want power that a man can feel it in their bones and use it for their own ends.  They want people to look to them (pride) as spiritual giants because they have the power of God and are able to fight devils, heal or do a miracles.  They are like the one Christ spoke about when he said,  Mark 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

How much more Jesus must be sighing today?

We have had plenty of experiences in the Mission field that proved to us the power of God but I would not try and provoke him to display it.  I would fear it would hurt us or the devil may come and deceive many into thinking it is God moving.

If you want to see the power of God look at my life, I was a wretch but now I am saved, I was lost now I am found, I was blind but now I see.  The power of God is on display for all to see in my life.  

What more do any want than a changed life attributed to God's power through the work of his son's Cross?

go figure.

Chette

Postby George » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:39 pm

Aloha Brother Chette,

Right on Brother! Image  

I have been dealing with this kind of departure from the truth ever since I became aware of the issue of "FINAL AUTHORITY" in a Christian's life (1968-69). And after I became acquainted with the "FINAL AUTHORITY" - i.e. the AV1611/King James Bible - and accepted it as my "FINAL AUTHORITY" in all matters of faith and practice I have had nothing but trouble and adversity with the "leadership" in the so-called 'Fundamentalist' churches I have attended since then. Nothing angers or upsets today's professing Bible believing 'pastors' more than the simple inquiry: "what saith the scripture?" [Romans 4:3; Galatians 4:30]. 'Profession' is one thing and 'Possession' is quite another.

The false religion of Godless Humanism (via the perverse philosophy of psychology) has infiltrated and leavened most of today's professing churches of God in the Western world. And because of the temporary fleshly success and earthly prosperity of many of those churches, the pattern of the 'Western world's' churches is being promoted and emulated throughout the rest of the world. We are living in the last days brother and it's getting harder and harder to find Christian brethren who have a genuine heartfelt "love of the truth" [2Thessalonians 2:10]. Thank God for his amazing Grace, without it none of us would be saved!

Jeremiah 5:30 A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;
31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

Are we any different than the ancient Israelites back in the prophet Jeremiah's day? I trow not!

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Adam and the Creation of Woman

Postby Chette » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:19 am

It was a teaching of men love your wives and wives reverence you Husbands by a man I respected for years as a Bible teacher.  He does not believe as we that their is one version that is the preserved version.

the teaching was from Eph 5:21-33.

Everything sounded good modern pop psychiatry form of why women and men need to follow Gods guidance then when he hit verse 32 that is when he deviated a little and brought up about Adam and the first woman and how God put Adam into a deep sleep and did an operation on Adam and created the woman from him, so Christ went into a deep sleep and from his side the church was created.

It all sounded good and probably everyone in his church thought what wonderful insight to the word of God.  But what everyone but me didn't see was there was absolutely not one Bible verse to support his theory, assumption, pretext, opinion.  whatever it was it was not Bible.  

Maybe I am being to picky or ignorant, maybe my heart is not right with God so I don't get such revelation from Gods word.  But never the less I know that the church was started but not in a way he so eloquently put it.  To say, that like Adam Christ slept and the church was taken out of him and created, this is just utter nonsense.  Everyone applauded, gave him the old "atta boy" for such a wonderful sermon but it was just tickling ear stuff not true to the word of God.

When even the ones we feel have a grasp on God's word begin to be so free with the word of God this is a form of turning away.  

And as such we know the end is near.

Chette

Next

Return to Chit-Chat