Forums Editor Problems - Solutions

Thoughts and Suggestions for articles to be included in the Symposium topics. Suggestions for the depository side of the site also.

Forums Editor Problems - Solutions

Postby Steve » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:37 pm

Just a quick solution for pasted Bible verses, highlight the chosen verse text and with the WYSIWYG editor switched on choose remove formatting button (see image) Image
The problem lies within hidden HTML code that can be carried over from MS Word and other websites etc during copy / paste as this editor is buggy it can cause a problem or two here and there.

I Will be upgrading the forum software and giving it an overhaul in the next few weeks which will include a more stable (Lord willing) editor, meantime thanks for everyone's patience and if you do have a problem this will be stickied at the top of this section to ask questions in and I will try to find the solution.

In My Saviours Name, The Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 12:12-13 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Steve

Re: Forums Editor Problems - Solutions

Postby Sarge » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Press on, Bro. Steve!
For the love of Christ
(2 Cor. 5:14,15)

From the New Testament Baptist Pulpit
Sarge

Postby Irinee » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:10 am

Thank you Brother Steve,

One less frustration for posters(even George).  I appreciate all the work you do here and am glad that you have been posting alot. God bless your upcoming efforts to make this forum more user friendly. I hope you sleep once in a while.

Praying that things will be OK up at the lake, and that you all will survive the awful weather you are having.

In Christ,
Irene
Irinee

Postby armadillo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:05 am

Thanks, Brother Steve,

I'll give that a try. I don't use the rich text editor, I prefer the BBCode Editor, and still have the problem. But I notice it also has the clear format feature.

Let me see...

Colossians 1:21  And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22  In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23  If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
armadillo

Postby armadillo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:07 am

Okay, the problem is the preview. I notice that if I preview the post, the book is removed, if I straight post without previewing it first, the book name stays.
armadillo

Postby Steve » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:14 pm

I tried it there with preview then posted and it appeared (with WYSIWYG ON)..... Romans 8:9, however like I mentioned, after Christmas I will upgrade and clean out some of the code for those that do like to take time to post here.

In My Saviours Name, The Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 12:12-13 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Steve

Return to Symposium & Depository