Introduction

As Forums are peculiar places, not having the liberty to "know" someone in person can lead to strife and contention because we ALL have our faults, however letting us know a little about who YOU are in the Lord Jesus Christ will go a long way to building genuine Bible Believing Christian fellowship.
You are more than welcome to share your testimony here.
2 Timothy 1:8

Introduction

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:20 am

Greetings brethren,

First off, thanks to Steven and George for allowing me to join the forum.

My name is Mike and am 34 yrs old, and I currently live in Southern Oregon.  I am married and have one step daughter, and praise God both are saved!

This short version testimony is the typical Laodicean experience.  I was saved at the age of 16 by a High school soccer coach, not my coach, but he also directed the Campus Life events.  Even back in the 1990's I remember Campus life was "fun", a precursor to the "let's attract youth with entertainment" methods employed today.  We were on a trip to Lake Shasta in Northern California where his witnessing was really starting to take hold of me.  It was a good trip for all involved, lots of water skiing and such, but for me I barely recall anything that happened there aside from my salvation.  I spent most of the time alone in thought, many tears.  At the moment of conversion I was bundled up in my sleeping bag on top of the houseboat staring at the moon, quite a beautiful scene if it wasn't for the fact I was going to burn in hell for eternity if the Lord Jesus Christ didn't intervene.  The next morning began my trip into apostasy, too bad I didn't know it.  The first thing I did was get a bible, naturally it was an NIV Study Bible, this set me up for years of ignorance.  I would attend church as much as I could, usually attending with my brother's family.  Some churches attended were Nazarene, reformed, baptist, non-denominational(denomination), etc.

After high school and a couple years of college, and a decent job that took me to California I had been backslidden and lukewarm as much as any man could be.  It was at this point where God really started chastening me, I failed miserably in California.  Wounded I returned to Oregon after getting fired, and I spent a few months deciding on what to do.  This being shortly after 9/11 I did what any patriotic guy would do I joined the US Army as a M1 Armor Crewman, MOS 19K.  Right after training I was deployed with the 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment to Iraq, where I spent a year.  Upon redeployment to the states I realized I was messed up, mentally.  So the next two years before I got out of the Army were spent coming to the realization that my faith was nowhere near what it was supposed to be.  The first thing I discovered was the "NWO", and quickly after that I started watching sermons and studies on the internet as much as I could, every spare minute of my day was spent learning how wrong I had been.  Unfortunately the main preacher I was learning from was Paul Washer, I will credit him with waking me up a bit, at least I learned I was wrong.  But as of yet I wasn't in the AV and was still basically lost.  One year went by and I was finally starting to settle down with all these "new" realizations.  At this point I had seen a few studies about the AV and how other versions are false, but I hadn't the willingness to study them.  But that was about to change, I knew I wasn't on truth yet because there was just something not right still.  Finally I picked up every AV study I could find, and sure enough there we have it.  After believing that the AV was the true Word of God I really started to see my life changing.  Now the actual words on the page were important, EVERY SINGLE one of them.  Reading the Holy Bible was now what it was supposed to be.  But being the typical Laodicean church goer I still had some things to learn.  I wasn't open to all truth just yet.  I spent the next couple of years learning more and more, but still had some walls built up.  God helped me learn that there are plenty of actual King James Bible preachers and believers out there who still don't really believe that the AV is the actual inspired, infallible Word of God.  Seems the Alexandrians have infiltrated everywhere.  

In getting to where I am now I've had a King James preacher basically threaten us to the point I was scared for my families life and we abandoned everything we owned on this earth to get away.  I've heard so many that are more concerned about the New World Order and scaring people than What Saith the LORD?.  It has been a long road, but one I'd take again no doubt about it.  I still have many things to learn, I've finally started to understand the "dispensational" doctrines.  And now more than any other point in my life, I pray to God daily that he will impart truth to me, and if I am wrong I want to be chastened and turned toward truth.  

I've read many threads here thus far, and they are a great help to me.  God bless all of you brethren here.  

I apologize for the short testimony, there is so much I could write between each sentence, but I pray this will help you get to know me, if even just a little.

Mike
Mike

Re: Introduction

Postby PeanutGallery » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:56 am

Mike wrote:After believing that the AV was the true Word of God I really started to see my life changing.  Now the actual words on the page were important, EVERY SINGLE one of them.

God delivered me out of RCC by opening my eyes to the contradictions between their bible and their teachings.
After awhile, I backslid big time; and God brought me back to my senses again.  Like you, He led me to KJB; what you say is true, when I read the KJB I know I have every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
When I hear others quote other versions, the words just don't ring true.

John 10:27  My sheep hear my voice. And I know them: and they follow me.
1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed with the precious blood of Christ
PeanutGallery

Postby Chette » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:31 am

Welcome Mike.

you may want to check out the depository and some of the topics in the doctrines thread.

God bless your time here bro
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby George » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:24 am

Image  Brother Mike,

Welcome to the King James Bible Believers Forum. We hope that your stay here will be both edifying and profitable.

I want to thank you for your testimony; it's always a blessing to hear how God works in the hearts of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

May our God continue to bless and use you for His glory.

1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.  
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks brothers!!
Mike

Return to Introductions