Another Meaty Jack Chick Tract

A selection of Bible tracts in written and illustrative format.

Another Meaty Jack Chick Tract

Postby photolady » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:54 pm

Here’s a new Chick tract I got in the mail, and I wanted to share it.
Please pass this link along, so others may know the truth, and be set free:
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0998/0998_01.asp
photolady

Re: Another Meaty Jack Chick Tract

Postby Mongol Servant » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:54 am

Got this from Bro Chick's latest e-mail news.  Thought it would be good to remember, especially during the Christmas season:

Soul winners today should consider the famous saying, "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."America is ignoring the history of other nations who have strayed fromthe Bible. King David observed in Psalms 9:17: The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

An Israeli news article in 2007 by Paul E. Marek, brings current events into sharp focus. He remembers a wealthy German who survived World War II describing the situation that led up to Hitler. He said very few of the German common people were actually Nazis. They were quietly going about their lives, considering Hitler's crowd just "a bunch of fools.""So," he said, "The majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then,before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories."

Marek goes on to describe how we are told that Islam is a peaceful religion. He says that the "peaceful" Muslims are irrelevant: "The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars world wide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or execute honor killings. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. The hard,quantifiable fact is that the "peaceful majority" is the "silent majority," and it is cowed and extraneous."

Besides Hitler, the "peaceful majority" slept while the communists took control of Russia and China. Marek further reminds us of history.Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Bosnians,Afghanis, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians and many others, have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late. As for us, watching it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts: the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Soul winners, we cannot be part of that "silent majority." Too many Christians are like the German common people: going about their lives oblivious of the gathering storm. Americans have been given a freedom to witness that is rare in history. Most Christians over the centuries,have had to hide their faith, or risk imprisonment or death to share it. Today, more than half the world is basically hostile to the gospel.Some have estimated that over 50,000 Christians are martyred every year.

The burning question is: what are we doing with the precious freedom that we have? History tells us that that freedom was bought with blood and lost fortunes. Many Christian leaders are beginning to question how much longer we will have that freedom. Only God knows but His commission still stands to go and make disciples.

Sharing our faith with another person is our top priority as believers.But Satan has us moving so fast that it is difficult to stop long enough to personally share the gospel. But it only takes a second to hand someone a gospel tract or plant it where it will be noticed. We must share the gospel with anyone who will listen, and not forget to put a copy of the good news in their hands if they are too busy to listen.
[url=%3Ca]"If God and His Word are not known and received, the devil and his works will gain the ascendancy,  If the power of the Gospel is not felt throughout the length and breadth of the land, anarchy and misrule, degradation and misery, corruption and darkness will reign without mitigation or end."[/url]  Daniel Webster
Mongol Servant

Postby photolady » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:34 pm

Mongol Servant wrote:So," he said, "The majority just satback and let it all happen. Then,before we knew it, they owned us, andwe had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family losteverything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyedmy factories.".

Has anybody else heard about the concentration camps being set up, supposedly to house Christians, who are bold in their comittment to Christ,
and any other person deemed a "threat" to the gov?  I have heard of these.
photolady

Postby George » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:59 pm

Aloha all,

The following are LIBERTY QUOTES {
that I have gathered over the years}

Martin Luther:
"I am much afraid that the schools will prove the very gates of hell unless they diligently labour in explaining the Holy Scriptures...I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount".

Samuel Adams:  (August 2, 1776)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down, and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set light upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

On October 14, 1795, Samuel Adams, as Governor of the State of Massachusetts, issued a Proclamation for a Day of Public Thanksgiving and Praise: (What follows is an excerpt from the proclamation.)
"And I do recommend that together with our thanksgiving, humble prayer may be offered to God, that we may be enabled, by the subsequent obedience of our hearts and manners, to testify the sincerity of our profession of gratitude, in the sight of God and man; and thus be prepared for the reception of future blessings. That God would be pleased to guide and direct the administration of the Federal government, and those of the several states, in union, so that the whole people may continue to be safe and happy in the constitutional enjoyment of their rights, liberties and privileges, and our governments be greatly respected at home and abroad... "

Thomas Jefferson:
To consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions [is] a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.” “The exemption of the judges from [re-election concerns] is quite dangerous enough …. The people themselves …. [are] the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power.”

Thomas Jefferson said in 1821:
The germ of destruction of our nation is in the power of the judiciary, an irresponsible body — working like gravity by night and by day, gaining a little today and a little tomorrow, and advancing its noiseless step like a thief over the field of jurisdiction, until all shall render powerless the checks of one branch over the other and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated.”

Chief Justice John Marshall:
....`that the power to tax involves the power to destroy, and that the power to destroy may defeat and render useless the power to create.'

George Mason:
No method of procedure has ever been devised by which liberty could be divorced from local self government. No plan of centralization has ever been adopted which did not result in bureaucracy, tyranny, inflexibility, reaction and decline.”

James Madison:
A Man is said to have a right to his property, he may be equally said to have a property in his rights. Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No Man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.

Daniel Webster {Not Noah Webster}
"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."

[SIZE=120]Patrick Henry: {America's greatest proponent of “Liberty” – Ever!}

[/SIZE]
On the reverse of The Stamp Act Resolves, passed in the House of Burgesses, May 1765, Patrick Henry wrote:

"This brought on the war which finally separated the two countries and gave independence to ours. Whether this will prove a blessing or a curse, will depend upon the use our people make of the blessings, which a gracious God hath bestowed on us. If they are wise, they will be great and happy. If they are of a contrary character, they will be miserable. Righteousness alone can exalt them as a nation. Reader! Whoever thou art, remember this, and in thy sphere practice virtue thyself, and encourage it in others."

"you ought to be extremely cautious, watchful, jealous of your liberty; for instead of securing your rights, you may lose them forever."

"You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your government."

"Will the abandonment of your most sacred rights tend to security of your liberty? Liberty, the greatest of all earthly blessings    give us that precious jewel, and you may take everything else."

"suspicion is a virtue as long as its object is the preservation of the public good, and as long as it stays within proper bounds:"

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."

"Will the oppressor let go the oppressed? Was there ever an instance? Can the annals of mankind exhibit one single example, where rulers, overcharged with power, willingly let go the oppressed, though solicited and requested most earnestly?"

"I am not well versed in history; but I will submit to your recollection, whether liberty has been destroyed by the licentiousness of the people, or by the tyranny of the rulers. I imagine sir, you will find the balance on the side of Tyranny. Happy will you be, if you miss the fate of those nations, who omitting to resist their oppressors, or negligently suffering their liberty to be wrested from them, have groaned under intolerable despotism."

"The most valuable end of government is the liberty of the inhabitants. No possible advantages can compensate for the loss of this right."

"Show me that age and country where the rights and liberties of the people were placed on the sole chance of their rulers being good men, without the consequent loss of liberty. I say that the loss of that dearest privilege has ever followed, with absolute certainty, every such mad attempt."

"where and when did freedom exist, when the sword and purse were given up by the people? Unless a miracle in human affairs interposed, no nation ever retained its liberty after the loss of the sword and purse."

"The great and direct end of government is liberty. Secure our liberty and privileges, and the end of government is answered."

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians, not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ.”

Is it any wonder that Patrick Henry (a Christian) has been practically ignored (with the exception of His famous quote: "Give me Liberty or give me death".) while George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin (all deists) are continually referred to or quoted by modern day "educators"?

Our country is going the way of all nations that forget God [Psalms 9:17]. The majority of the citizenry is willing to trade their LIBERTY and FREEDOM for "SECURITY"! They have sold their "birthright" for "a mess of pottage" and they will reap "the whirlwind"! It is good to be aware of these things, but we must not get caught up in them (i.e. the so-called "Christian Patriot Movement"). We (all Christians) have been given "the ministry of reconciliation"; and the "word of reconciliation" has been "committed unto us" - this is to be our primary responsibility (our highest priority
) and we must be on guard that we are not side-tracked by the temporal things of this world.

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

We must never loose track of those things (i.e. the "weightier matters") that are eternal and ever lasting:

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby Mongol Servant » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:22 am

AMEN, Bro George!
[url=%3Ca]"If God and His Word are not known and received, the devil and his works will gain the ascendancy,  If the power of the Gospel is not felt throughout the length and breadth of the land, anarchy and misrule, degradation and misery, corruption and darkness will reign without mitigation or end."[/url]  Daniel Webster
Mongol Servant

Postby photolady » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:38 pm

George wrote:and we must be on guard that we are not side-tracked by the temporal things of this world.

Do you ever feel the pull of getting involved in politics, or get side-tracked?

One of my relatives is so pained by the wicked ruler now in place,(Prov. 29:2) in America, that, even though he's a Christian,
he is constantly aware of what's going on, and how we are heading quickly towards a world government, the Beast
and the antichrist, ruling the minds and hearts of the unstable, (a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways), and
he sounds the alarm, via emails, and talking to his neighbors, about the woeful state of affairs.

Oh, brother George, it is SO easy to be sidetracked into temporal things.  The snares of the devil are subtle, sometimes, aren't they?

Here's Scripture my relative has sent out, asking people to pray this as a prayer, about Obama:
8: Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
9: Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
10: Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
11: Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
photolady

Postby Valerie » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Photolady.

I believe the only prayer we need to pray for Obama and all others like him is that they bend their knees and accept Christ as their Saviour.  This would be the most important prayer of all and number 1 on the list.

In Christ.

Valerie.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Valerie

Postby George » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:31 am

Aloha photolady,

You asked me:

"Do you ever feel the pull of getting involved in politics, or get side-tracked?

One of my relatives is so pained by the wicked ruler now in place,(Prov. 29:2) in America, that, even though he's a Christian,
he is constantly aware of what's going on, and how we are heading quickly towards a world government, the Beast
and the antichrist, ruling the minds and hearts of the unstable, (a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways), and
he sounds the alarm, via emails, and talking to his neighbors, about the woeful state of affairs.

Oh,brother George, it is SO easy to be sidetracked into temporal things.  The snares of the devil are subtle, sometimes, aren't they?

Here's Scripture my relative has sent out, asking people to pray this as a prayer, about Obama:"
8: Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
9: Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
10: Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
11: Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.

When we pray for the leaders of our country, I can think of no better example than what the Apostle Paul has exhorted us to do:

1 Timothy 2:1
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

From the middle of the 1980's to the near the end of the 1990's I was very active in my local community (Serving 3 terms as President and at least 3 terms as vice-president of the Hanalei Community Association). I even ran for "public office" a couple of times (I lost). See this link:
Massacre at Fort Hood  

From the reading that I have done and my personal political experiences (and the political experiences of some of my friends), I have come to the conclusion that the political process is so utterly corrupt in this country that it is practically impossible for a genuine Bible believing Christian to get elected to public office nowadays; that is - without compromising his Scriptural principals. A huge portion of the electorate of this country has turned their back on God and God's holy word; and they have chosen to follow the godless religion/philosophy of HUMANISM.

Although I have voted since 1960 (when I turned 20) and have participated in the electoral process for over 48 years, I do not think that we (Christians) can turn this country
around from the destructive path it is on. Instead of spending the rest of whatever time I have left on this earth "tilting at windmills" in a futile attempt at stemming our slide toward Sodom & Gomorrah, I have chosen to follow the path of The Lord's Disciples, Apostles, and ordinary followers by concentrating on glorifying Almighty God; serving in the "ministry of reconciliation"; participating in the "edification of the brethren"; and assisting (supporting) genuine Bible believers whenever and wherever I can.

I believe the time is short. We can not 'fix" this perverse world system (we can't even "repair" it) - no matter how concerned we are about the corruption we see taking place all around us. We may as well get on with the Lord's work [John 6:29] and pray for His soon return, because He is the ONLY ONE Who is able, and Who is going, to RESTORE ALL THINGS as they should be. Don't worry and fret over world events and the chaos and dissolution that is taking place within our own country (and even within our own families). God is in control and He has promised - not to leave us comfortless.

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

2 Thessalonians 3:1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.
3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.
5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby photolady » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:06 pm

Oh, dear Brother George:
I see you were very active in politics!  I'm learning new things every day,about the people on this forum that I am
loving more and more.
I do not think that we (Christians) can turn this country around from the destructive path it is on. Instead of spending the rest of whatever time I have left on this earth

I guess America is doomed.  The land I love(d) is going to hell.  Sad.  I agree with you, about time being short, and spending more time glorifying God, and doing what we can to bring light to a lost and dying world.  I'm old, 54 years old, and every day, I feel time speeding away.  

Don't worry and fret over world events andthe chaos and dissolution that is taking place within our own country(and even within our own families). God is in control and He haspromised - not to leave us comfortless.

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Your post here, this part, brought tears to my eyes, but, a peace to my heart.
It's so hard to let go of America, the used to be land of Christians, brave, honorable men, ladylike women, a place where we could speak freely about
Christianity.  It's gone so dark, now.  
Some in my own family whom I love so dearly, are walking towards a flaming hell, an eternal torment and darkness.  It's hard not to let my heart be troubled,
but, I will be of good cheer, because Jesus has overcome the world.  With God, ALL things are possible.  I KNOW THAT MUCH!

One of my favorite songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYFjikyp7mQ

1. When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll;
    Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
    It is well, it is well, with my soul.     
    • Refrain:
      It is well, with my soul,
      It is well, it is well, with my soul.
  2. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
    Let this blest assurance control,
    That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
    And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
  3. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
    My sin, not in part but the whole,
    Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
  4. For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
    If Jordan above me shall roll,
    No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
    Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
  5. But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
    The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
    Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
    Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
  6. And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
    The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
    The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
    Even so, it is well with my soul.

Sources:
photolady

Postby Valerie » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:51 pm

Photolady.

The hymn you have posted above is one of my favorites and is one of two hymns sang the night I was baptized.  Thank you for posting the words.  I often hum it to myself but could never get all the words in order, now I can.

Your sister in Christ.

Valerie.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Valerie

Next

Return to Bible Tracts