Salvation Tract

A selection of Bible tracts in written and illustrative format.

Salvation Tract

Postby SGMalachy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:43 am

Greetings brethren. I have just completed my first salvation tract. I intend to print off a multitude of these (double sided) and hand them out in my town. I'm putting them up here for anybody who wishes to print them off also and distribute them. These images here should be suitable for printing, but if you want the full sized versions with CMYK colour printing space, then be sure to let me know. I pray that God blesses this tract and may he use it to bring more lost souls to his kingdom.

Front:

Rear:

SGMalachy

Re: Salvation Tract

Postby Steve » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:43 pm

I like it, but may I make some suggestions ?

At the end of the tract, rather than make the 'sinners prayer' the emphasis (which was spawned from the early Billy Graham crusades). I would suggest making scripture relevant to salvation the emphasis, Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Stating that the Bible declares
Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, ...........
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Dont get me wrong I am not knocking the sinners prayer as you have worded it, and if people feel the need to say a prayer, they must be well aware that it is not the prayer itself that saves them, but the Believing on Christ as their Saviour.

The Bibles 'Sinners Prayer'
Luke 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Good work, Keep em coming!

God Bless and keep you and your efforts in his name.

In My Saviours Name, The Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 12:12-13 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Steve

Postby SGMalachy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:41 am

Thanks for the insight Steve. I'll make two versions in that case, one for the unrepentant sinner (the one above), and one for the false Christian who believes salvation is by works (the one you suggested)

One thing I certainly do not want to promote is the idea that people can be saved and then continue to live like the devil. I'm noticing an increase in that heresy over the last while.
SGMalachy

Postby Luke » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:31 pm

You know noone actually "promotes" that idea. People get saved by grace through faith and then get taught false doctrine - mostly legalism, which has them constantly focus on the law, and trying to keep it, which results in failure. This is why I have left the Independent Baptist movement... at least, the one in New Zealand (and as you prolly know, NZ IFB's are pretty spread out, so it's not like I can just go to another one).

Proper sanctification is by grace through faith, just as salvation is by grace through faith. Being taught that we are dead to sin and accepted by God and that Christ is our life is the true motivation for personal holiness - fear of condemnation only produces more fear and failure.

I know this from experience. While I was trying to fight my battles with sin (and people on this forum will know exactly what I refer to) I was constantly failing. It wasn't that I wanted to "live like the devil". It was that everything I had been taught to be victorious was WRONG and resulted in failure, because instead of being told to focus on Christ, I was always told to "do this, do that, don't do this, don't do that, read this, pray more, get to church more etc etc". Many of them were good things to do (or not do), but none of them resulted in victory, because it was entirely rooted in myself and what I was doing, rather than what Jesus Christ has done.

I have surrendered all to God. When I say that, I don't mean I have committed to do more for God, or to pray more, or to read my Bible more. Committing myself to God is just another way of trying to sanctify myself and make promises I can't keep.  What I mean is that I gave up fighting. I surrendered. I gave up trying to be "good" and "holy". I gave up trying to sanctify myself.

It is God who will work on me. I haven't had to fight any temptations since I gave up, but I have been tempted. You know what I thought? I didn't think, "oh no Luke, buckle down, temptations coming better go pray, read your Bible do this do that, start working because you need to prove your commitment to God". I thought "I am free from sin. Sin is dead to me. I am accepted by God. Don't need to do that." and that was it. No fear, no condemnation. No fighting. Just freedom.

Anyway, this turned out a lot longer than I thought. I just wanted to mention that nobody "promotes" "living like the devil". Christians will do it anyway, you don't need to promote it. But fear mongering only produces more of it, and more failure. Grace preaching produces freedom - For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law, but under grace. (It never surprises me how many Christians will read that and then still desire to put themselves under law, saying things like "without the law, we will all be ruthless carnal sinners". But the verse says the exact opposite. With the law, sin has dominion over us. Without the law, but with grace, sin has no dominion).

God bless
Luke

(P.S - I did like the tract, but not the sinners prayer. Emphasis should be put on what Christ did, not on what the sinner does in response. Belief in what Christ did will produce a call to God that is internal, and not an external show).
Luke

Postby George » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:32 pm

Aloha Brother Luke,

It's good to hear from you again. I appreciate your response and am in complete agreement with you. The DIFFERENCE between the Christian faith (including the Gospel of the Grace of God) and all religions is that it does not use FEAR to motivate people to do anything; and it does not operate in FEAR.

I believe that Hell is a real place and that it is reserved for the devil and his angels; and that all those who will not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ's finished work on Calvary and receive Him as their Saviour will end up in Hell, but the Gospel is simply:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Acts 16:30
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

The way of the world is - FEAR; and if that doesn't work then - INTIMIDATION; and if that doesn't work then - COERCION - and if that doesn't work then - FORCE! It doesn't matter whether it's the Governments of the world; or all of the world's religions; or the numerous cults; the mafia; the educational systems; businesses; unions; or even some so-called "Fundamentalist" churches. However, in this age, God is seeking those who will voluntarily BELIEVE Him; RECEIVE Him; and who will WORSHIP Him in spirit and in truth. [John 1:12-13; 4:23-24] FEAR has nothing to do with the Gospel of the Grace of God or with our daily walk with our Lord. We are not to walk in fear, instead we are to operate out of love for our Saviour in appreciation for all that He has done for us.

It took me a long time to learn this Biblical principal and, like you, I will not attend any "Christian" church that emulates "the way of the world" in the conduct of its affairs.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Return to Bible Tracts