Best Tract ministry?

A selection of Bible tracts in written and illustrative format.

Best Tract ministry?

Postby evangelist6589 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Which one is the best? I use Fellowship, Chick, Way of the Master, and many others. How about you?
evangelist6589

Re: Best Tract ministry?

Postby PeanutGallery » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:14 pm

evangelist6589 wrote:Which one is the best? I use Fellowship, Chick, Way of the Master, and many others. How about you?

I use Chick for Hallowe'en.
Do you have website for Fellowship; I'd like to check it out.
1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed with the precious blood of Christ
PeanutGallery

Postby evangelist6589 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:01 am

PeanutGallery wrote:
evangelist6589 wrote:Which one is the best? I use Fellowship, Chick, Way of the Master, and many others. How about you?

I use Chick for Hallowe'en.
Do you have website for Fellowship; I'd like to check it out.

I order from them a bit.

http://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/
evangelist6589

Postby Chette » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:26 am

I steer clear of the way of the master stuff because it leads one into "Lordship Salvation" which is a false teaching promoted by Ray Comfort.

I steer clear of chick tracts that have no proof that the things shared in it are true.  There is an error in his are Catholics Christians concerning RC Doctrine which Chick's misrepresented.  But never the less I use his this was your life and other tracts from his organization.

Also, there is a tract you can down load for free and use called the Gentle touch using 1Peter 2:24.  This tract is good with RC's.  

While the tract is good to get the hearers thinking, it has a weakness on it's own and should be accompanied with the Full gospel when using it.  So that you are sure to teach them that Christ died a substitutionary death for them, not just bore all sin in his body on the tree for everyone without placing their faith in the Cross,  and it is important to show the resurrection from the grave that those who put there trust in Him will then have the power to live unto righteousness and not before.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby PeanutGallery » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:39 am

Chette wrote:I steer clear of the way of the master stuff because it leads one into "Lordship Salvation" which is a false teaching promoted by Ray Comfort.

Would you classify the following in a sinner's prayer as 'Lordship Salvation':
01. I am willing to turn from sin
02. I ask Jesus to come into my heart
03. By God's grace, I am willing to follow and obey Christ as the Lord of my life
PeanutGallery

Postby Chette » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:23 am

How about.

1) Lord I am a sinner
2) I am lost and bound for hell
3) Jesus I believe on your finished work of the cross for me
a) I believe you died in my place
b) I believe that by your shed blood I have forgiveness of sins
c) I believe your blood makes atonement before God for my sins
4) I believe you rose again to give me assurance of eternal life
5) Come live in my heart and give me strength to live for you.

But here is how Ray puts it

Do you see God’s great love for you?

Do you see your need for His forgiveness?

Do what He commands and “Repent … that your sins may be wiped out and times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” (Acts 3:19)

You must turn away from sin and turn to God. Desire to have NOTHING to do with sin, and surrender your life to the One who can save you. Jesus died to set you free, and then he rose from death to be your Lord. Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”          

If you will confess and forsake your sins (repent) and trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, God will forgive you and you’ll pass from death to life. If you are not sure how to pray, read Psalm 51 and make it your prayer.

What does it mean to "put your faith in Jesus Christ?" It means to personally trust in Jesus the same way you’d trust in a parachute if you had to jump 25,000 feet out of an airplane. You wouldn’t just "believe" in the parachute; you would put it on! In the same way, the Bible says, "Put on the Lord Jesus Christ..." and you will be saved. There are millions of people who "believe" Jesus exists . . . but they have not put on the Savior — there’s a BIG difference. And the difference will be obvious when you “jump” through the door of death.

Today, with all your heart — turn away from sin, and surrender your life to Jesus Christ. Please don’t put it off till later. You may die today and then it will be too late. You may not yet have all the answers to your questions, but better to put on the parachute first and then ask questions, then to pass through the door unprepared, grasping for the parachute when it’s too late. You can pray something like this — "Dear God, today I turn from all my sins (name them), and I put my trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Please forgive me, and grant me your gift of everlasting life. Amen. "There is nothing magic about these words — it is the attitude of your heart that God cares about.

Remember the Kingdom gospel was repent and be baptized for the remission of sins. The times of refreshing is a future event for Israel and not of the church age.  When we believe on Christ we are forgiven now not in the times of Refreshinig.

Putting on the lord Jesus Christ is working out your salvation with fear and trembling.  It is not something someone who is not saved yet can do.

Psalm 51 as a prayer to faith on Christ is far from that. seeing not one Gentile has ever had God Spirit or feared it to be taken away.

Psalms 51:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

To go any further is a waste of time but any one who knows the true Gospel and their Bible knows that Ray is complicating the issue of salvation.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby PeanutGallery » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Chette wrote:How about.
5) Come live in my heart and give me strength to live for you.
But here is how Ray puts it
Today, with all your heart — turn away from sin, and surrender your life to Jesus Christ. Please don’t put it off till later.

Putting on the lord Jesus Christ is working out your salvation with fear and trembling.  It is not something someone who is not saved yet can do.

Got it; the unsaved cannot, by his own power, repent until Christ saves him.
Can a sinner ask Jesus into his heart; or can he only cry out for salvation?
PeanutGallery

Postby Montanabeliever » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Where does it say in the Bible that we are to ask Jesus into our hearts?  Please don't quote the verse in Revelation about Jesus standing at the door and knocking because that is referring to a church, and not a single believer.
Shawn Atchison

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Romans 10:9-10
Montanabeliever

Postby PeanutGallery » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Montanabeliever wrote:Where does it say in the Bible that we are to ask Jesus into our hearts?  Please don't quote the verse in Revelation about Jesus standing at the door and knocking because that is referring to a church, and not a single believer.

Precisely! Asking Jesus into one's heart shows up on many tracts; that's why I shy away from them.
I know someone who has been saved that way, but there is no hunger for the Word and Truth.
I believe it is possible to ask another Jesus into one's heart.
PeanutGallery

Postby armadillo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:55 pm

"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,"

"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father."

"Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts."

Perhaps this is where they get it from?

Edit: I don't understand why the scripture references show up when I preview the post, but they are removed when I submit the post.
armadillo

Next

Return to Bible Tracts