Some Important Rules in Bible Study

This section of the Forum is for Bible studies that are based on the outlines for sound Bible Believing doctrine as highlighted in the Forum Rules section.
Divisive topics will be moderated to avoid contentions and strife 2 Timothy 2:15 , Proverbs 13:10

Re: Some Important Rules in Bible Study

Postby Chette » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:02 pm

It seems that the issue of how people study their Bibles has shown through.  Bro Tim studies his bible differently than a majority of us here.

I could not see where Bro Tim got his info from to say, "I am not going to get into a major discussion over this idea that Matthew was written to the Jews and the "kingdom of heaven" doesn't apply to us today"

I didn't see anywhere Sammy or anyone else had said that it didn't have an application for us today.

Tim doesn't study the Bible as we do. so because we have different view on how to study our Bibles should not be the focus.  What is important is that we come to the same conclusions about doctrine.   As long as there is no outright Heresy then all is ok.

rightly dividing the word of truth is not a requirement for fellowship.  It is just a method of study

I hope as we grow we recognize that that rightly dividing is not a theology like Calvinism, Arminanism. or Post-Millennial Kingdom theology, pre-Millennial kingdom theology,  pre-rapture theology and post rapture theology, and others.  And like their names these theologies are based on schools of thought not necessarily a system of study.  Each of us have to develop a system of study most of us on this website choose to follow 2 Tim 2:15 and a Dividing system of study.  

But in dividing we do not, like some of the extremist do and make some scripture for Israel only and others for the Church only.  What we try and do is find the Doctrinal Truth first and establish if that Doctrine is for Israel or for the Church (i.e. like sign and wonders), but a good portion of scripture has Application for the church. the extremist throw out the OT and stay only to the books of Paul.  While we find application from Genesis to Revelation.  But not always is the doctrinal truth directed at us from Genesis to Revelation.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby Brother Tim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Would each of you agree (basically) with the following definitions?

Doctrines are the spiritual truths taught in the Scriptures.

Application is how one is to put into practice those spiritual truths.
In the Service of the KING,
Brother Tim Keyes (Proverbs 3:5-6)

When I fully rely upon God, I find that He is fully reliable.
www.morningchapel.org
Brother Tim

Postby Sarge » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:50 pm

I'm using a prepaid connection now and I think I have only 30 minutes left, so I'll think over Bro. Tim's question and reconnect some time and post.

Brother Steve, I don't think you have to lock or delete this thread this early. Image I only think that I should have posted a "complete" study on the symposium or depository area. I remember that Bro. George mentioned that the "forum" side is to where some discussions and varying opinions are to be allowed, unless some real "sophists", etc. try to come in.

May I ask everyone to avoid getting so "personal" too soon.  Let's keep the discussion going until all sides have been cleared up. Bro. George also has mentioned one can simply write in the symposium or in the forum some pros and cons. I guess he meant one can write "Why I Believe in Rightly Dividing", and another can post in another thread "Why I don't believe in 'dividing' the Bible up."  Then both sides can meet in a thread for discussing things over.

Also, I believe Bible believers can debate in a civil, educated, and polite manner.  Biblically, we'd rather call it "charity".
For the love of Christ
(2 Cor. 5:14,15)

From the New Testament Baptist Pulpit
Sarge

Postby Brother Tim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Also, I believe Bible believers can debate in a civil, educated, and polite manner.  Biblically, we'd rather call it "charity".
Agreed, Brother.
In the Service of the KING,
Brother Tim Keyes (Proverbs 3:5-6)

When I fully rely upon God, I find that He is fully reliable.
www.morningchapel.org
Brother Tim

Postby George » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:24 am

Aloha Sister Jennifer,

This Post is in response to your reproof and rebuke of some of us in regards to the difference in our treatment of Brother Tim and Photolady (i.e. Biblereader on the AV1611 Bible Forums). A reproof and rebuke, which I believe, we neither earned nor deserved.

In order to understand why I have chosen to deal differently with Brother Tim and Photolady, you will have to review what transpired between myself and Brother Tim on the AV1611 Bible Forums, and what transpired between myself and Biblereader (Photolady) on the AV1611 Bible Forums.

Brother Tim and I have differed (sometimes sharply) on the subject of “rightly dividing the word of truth”. I am a moderate “dispensationalist” and Brother Tim is not. His method of Bible study is different than mine, and so, when it comes to prophesy (future telling) and dividing the church from Israel, we often have ended up agreeing to “disagree”. BUT, even though we sometimes have had some heated discussions (debates) we have always managed to keep our disagreements civil and respectful, and on the few occasions where one of us has “stepped over the line”, we have always apologized to one another for our unseemly conduct.

The same can not be said for my experiences with Photolady (aka “Biblereader”). You will notice when Photolady joined this Forum that I remained silent and kept my peace. If you read the exchanges I had with “Biblereader” (aka “Photolady”) on the AV1611 Bible Forums, you will see that I was concerned about her Posts - where she was “mixing in WORKS” with God’s Grace and free gift of Salvation; and when I pointed these things out to her she became belligerent and disrespectful. At one point she was temporarily “banned” from the AV1611 Bible Forums for her misconduct.

I am not engaging in "respect of persons" - I am being consistent in my conduct toward brothers (and sisters) with whom I disagree. I ask you to check out my conduct towards brother "Bones" (an admitted Strong Dispensationalist) on the AV1611 Bible Forums. Even though Brother Bones and I differed on some issues, we never clashed and always treated each other respectfully. I treated brother Bones (a very Strong Dispensationalist) exactly the same way I treated brother Tim (a non-Dispensationalist) because I believe that we were in basic agreement on the major doctrines.

As Far as this Thread (“Some Important Rules In Bible Study”) is concerned, when Brother Tim posted his reply, he knew full well that most of us here on the KJBBF&S would disagree with him (as witness Sarge’s, your’s (Jennifer’s), and your husband’s (johnlf’s) excellent rebuttal). Since brother Tim and I have gone over this issue in depth on the AV1611 Bible Forums I saw no need to “pile on” and repeat what I already testified to (at some length) elsewhere. And since no major doctrine was involved in the dispute over how to “rightly divide” these verses I chose to make the comments that I made.

On the other hand, Photolady is continuing with her “works” as part of Salvation “theme” (an outright HERESY) that she was promoting on the AV1611 Bible Forums, and I, for one, refuse to let her continue on with her “private agenda” without at least commenting on both the subject of her post and the manner in which she posted (admonishing & reproving). This woman is not, as you say, “a confused and suffering sister”; and if you would review her exchanges with me on the AV1611 Bible Forums you would be able to discern that she not only refused to receive sound Bible instruction, but she was also extremely disrespectful towards me; and she joined in with two other women in baiting, disagreeing, and ridiculing me at every turn.

The misconduct of those three women was one of the main reasons the AV1611 Bible Forums was shut down, and I can assure you that brother Steve and I will not countenance such conduct on this Forum – no, not for a day. Please notice how, in such a short period of time, the very presence of "photolady" on the KJBBF&S has already produced dissension and division between some brethren here the Forum.

As for your statement: “The hard truth is that there is no way to reconcile the scriptures regarding the doctrine of salvation by grace through faith alone without a dispensational, pre-millennial, pre-tribulational understanding of the scriptures.” - I will have to respectfully disagree with you. Brother Tim Keyes is not a “Dispensationalist” (by any means), and yet I believe that he and I are in basic agreement on all of the major doctrines in the Bible. When choosing who we can fellowship with and who we can not fellowship with we must always keep our priorities straight. Brother Chette Nichols is absolutely right – Although brother Chette and I are both in total agreement as to the importance of “rightly dividing the word of truth” (i.e. the dispensational study of the Bible), this is NOT an issue of such importance as to break fellowship with a fellow brother (or sister) in Christ – IF we can still agree on all of the “MajorDoctrines. On the other hand, it is impossible to fellowship with a “Christian” who ADDS (their own) WORKS to Christ’s FINISHED WORK and Sacrifice on Calvary.

About twenty years ago, after a particularly difficult time with some of the “brethren”, I did a study on just exactly what should be the Biblical “basis” of true Christian fellowship. Eventually that study developed into a three part lesson I call “THE THREE FOLD CORD”, which includes the study of “The Biblical Basis of our Fellowship”; “Balance in a Christian’s Life”; and “Unity in the Church”. The following Posts is my study on “The Biblical Basis of our Fellowship”; and I am going to ask Brother Tim (and anyone else on the Forum) if he disagrees with any part of it. I will be greatly surprised if he and I disagree on any of the major doctrines presented in the study.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby George » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:26 am

THE BIBLICAL BASIS OF OUR FELLOWSHIP {Part One}

1Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.     
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.    

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?            
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.                 
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

2John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

SINCE OUR FELLOWSHIP IS WITH GOD
FELLOWSHIP WITH THE BRETHREN MUST BE BASED ON THE MAJOR (PRIMARY) DOCTRINES OF THE BIBLE

THE EXISTENCE OF THE ONE TRUE GOD

1.   THE CREATION  

2.   MIRACLES

3.   THE GODHEAD

THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST

4.  CHRIST’S DEITY

5.  CHRIST’S INCARNATION & VIRGIN BIRTH

6.  CHRIST'S SINLESS LIFE

7.  CHRIST'S SACRIFICIAL DEATH & BLOOD ATONEMENT

8.  CHRIST'S BODILY RESURRECTION

9.  CHRIST - HEAD OF THE BODY (HIS CHURCH)

10.  CHRIST'S SECOND COMING

THE AUTHORITY OF GOD’S WORD

11.  THE INSPIRATION OF SCRIPTURE

12.  THE PRESERVATION OF SCRIPTURE

THE EXISTENCE OF THE ONE TRUE GOD

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

THE CREATION:
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Isaiah 45:8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

MIRACLES:
Deuteronomy 29:2 And Moses called unto all Israel, and said unto them, Ye have seen all that the LORD did before your eyes in the land of Egypt unto Pharaoh, and unto all his servants, and unto all his land;
3 The great temptations which thine eyes have seen, the signs, and those great miracles:

John 2:11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

John 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

John 7:31 And many of the people believed on him, and said, When Christ cometh, will he do more miracles than these which this man hath done?

John 11:47 Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Acts 4:16 Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them is manifest to all them that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny it..

Acts 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Acts 8:6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

Acts 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

Acts 19:11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

Hebrews 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

THE GODHEAD:

THE FATHER
2Peter 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

THE SON  
John 9:35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

THE HOLY SPIRIT
Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

ALL THREE - TOGETHER  
Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

{To be continued}

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby George » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:28 am

THE BIBLICAL BASIS OF OUR FELLOWSHIP {Part Two}

THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST

JESUS CHRIST'S DEITY:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

1Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 20:24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

1John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

WHO IS THE CREATOR?

JESUS CHRIST:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

GOD - JEHOVAH:
Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

WHO IS OUR SAVIOUR?

JESUS CHRIST:
Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

2Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Titus 1:4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

GOD – JEHOVAH
Psalms 106:21 They forgat God their saviour, which had done great things in Egypt;

Isaiah 43:3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

1Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;  

1Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

Titus 2:10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

WHO RAISED UP JESUS CHRIST?

THE FATHER:
Acts 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

THE SON:
John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

THE HOLY SPIRIT:
Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

GOD:
Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

WHO IS OUR GOD?

JESUS CHRIST:

1John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

1Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

GOD - JEHOVAH:
Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.
8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

WHO ARE WE TO WORSHIP?
Luke 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Revelation 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

CHRIST’S VIRGIN BIRTH:
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Luke 1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Luke 2:1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

CHRIST’S SINLESS LIFE:
John 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

2Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

CHRIST’S SACRIFICIAL DEATH AND BLOOD ATONEMENT

HIS DEATH
Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

HIS BLOOD

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Hebrews 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

HIS SACRIFICE

Hebrews 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
25 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
24 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Hebrews 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH – NOT OF WORKS

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

CHRIST’S RESURRECTION:
Matthew 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
10 And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
11 And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.
12 After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.
13 And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them.
14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

Luke 24:1 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
8 And they remembered his words,

John 20:11 But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,
12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13 And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.
14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.
16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Acts 3:25
Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.
27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.
28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain.
29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.
30 But God raised him from the dead:

1Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

{To be continued}

George

Postby George » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:28 am

THE BIBLICAL BASIS OF OUR FELLOWSHIP {Part Three}

THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST {Continued}

JESUS CHRIST – HEAD OF THE BODY (HIS CHURCH)

Matthew 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Acts 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

1Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

1Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Ephesians 1:15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

CHRIST’S SECOND COMING:
1Corinthians 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

1Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1Thessalonians 2:19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

1Thessalonians 3:12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:
13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

1Thessalonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

2Thessalonians 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

2Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2Thessalonians 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

INSPIRATION OF SCRIPTURE:
2Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

GOD’S ATTITUDE TOWARDS HIS WORD
Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

PRESERVATION OF SCRIPTURE:
Psalms 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Psalms 33:11 The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Psalms 100:5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Psalms 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

1Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

CONCERNING THE BASIS OF OUR FELLOWSHIP
- "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" Amos 3:3

BASIC DOCTRINES & FELLOWSHIP
{PRIMARY BIBLE DOCTRINES = BASIS FOR BIBLE BELIEVER’S FELLOWSHIP}

1.  God                          (The Triune Godhead - as presented in the Bible)

2.  Satan (the devil)     (As an existing being – The father of evil)

3.  Angels                     (As existing)

4.  Devils                      (Evil Spirits - as existing)

5.  Creation                  (The Biblical account)  

6.  Man                         (As possessing three parts – a Body, a Soul, and a Spirit)

7.  The Soul                 (As existing and being 1 part of the 3 parts of man)

8.  The Spirit               (As existing and being 1 part of the 3 parts of man)

9.  Evil                         (As Existing - The Biblical concept of)

10. The Heart             (As the seat of a person’s thoughts, imaginations, affections, will, etc.)

11. Sin                        (The Biblical Account of the fall – The sinful nature of all mankind.)

12. Redemption          (All of mankind’s need for Salvation)

13. Signs, wonders, miracles   (As recorded in the Bible)

14. World wide Flood               (The Biblical Account)

15. Division of Mankind            (Into three basic races stemming from Shem, Ham, and Japeth)

16. Accountability                     (That individuals are responsible for their own actions – not society.)

17. Judgment                            (That a time will come when God is going to judge all of mankind.)

18. Heaven                               (As a place of Eternal Life with God)

19. Hell                                     (As a place of Eternal Punishment. & Separation from God)

20. Hebrews – Jews – Israel  (As being God’s earthly chosen people.)

21. Jesus Christ:             (As being the bodily manifestation of the Godhead.)
                                        (As being the fullness of the Godhead bodily.)
                                        (As the Creator of the world and the universe.)
                                        (As to his Incarnation – Miraculous Conception & Birth)
                                        (As the Jews [Hebrew] Messiah.)
                                        (As the one and only Saviour of mankind and the world.)
                                        (As Rising from the dead.)
                                        (As the Head of the Church – which is His body here on earth.)
                                        (As to His Second Coming – as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.)

22. The Blood Atonement    (That Only Jesus Christ’s Blood paid the price for sin – i.e. our sins )

23. Born Again                    (That a person must be born again in order to enter into Heaven.)

24. The Church                   (Christ’s Body on Earth – The Pillar and Ground of the Truth.)

25. Marriage                       (God’s Institution – Between one man and one woman.)

I know that the foregoing list of the major doctrines of the Bible may not be totally "complete", but it serves as a "basis" for me in determining whether I can fellowship with another man (or woman) who professes to be a Christian (or not). HOW another brother (or sister) came to believe these major doctrines (whether through dispensational study or some other means) is not as important to me, as to the fact that they genuinely believe and embrace them. Just because another brother in Christ doesn't "rightly divide the word of truth" exactly like I do is not enough reason for me to exclude them from fellowship. I do not determine whether I will (or will not) fellowship with another believer (who has embraced the Major Doctrines of the Bible) on whether they use the same "system" of Bible study that I do. The fact that they believe the same doctrines as I do is enough for me - genuine Christian fellowship is rare in today's world, and I will seek it out wherever I can find it, barring carnal conduct, false doctrine, or clear heresy.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

George

Postby bondservant » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:46 am

Bro George - once again, an excellent and succinct study. Who can disagree? This was Scripture alone.

As a side note: have you ever thought about putting together these studies here and on your website together into a book? Maybe each study would be its own chapter...?

Anyway - Heartily agree brother.
"Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness." (Psalms 119:40)
Beth
bondservant

Postby Jennifer » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:32 am

Brother Tim and I agreed that I should respond to his PM on forum.  

Sister,
I would welcome any Biblical evidence that the passage in Matthew 5-7 is for millennial Jews.  I would welcome any Biblical evidence that any of the New Testament doctrine are not applicable to the Christian today.

I would ask that you notice the number of times when passages like the 2nd Peter passages on the same page as your last post are used by folks who otherwise say that Peter was writing to Jews only.

I would ask that you notice how often verses from the "Sermon on the Mount" are used in sermons teaching Christians how to live.  Often these messages are by men who would otherwise say that Matthew was written for Jews only.

If anyone is consistent with their beliefs, it is I.  I believe that salvation comes By Grace Through Faith whether the person lived before the Flood, during the OT era, during the NT era, today, or until the LORD Jesus returns.  That is consistency.

Brother,

I don't believe it's possible to debate with someone who doesn't seem willing or able to understand what his "opponent's" position really is.  It can go nowhere.  Others have gone "head to head" with you in the past on this issue so I don't expect anything I write will change your thinking.  You've heard it all before, I won't take hours to try to rehash it all.   However, since you PM'd me I will respond.  

I believe that salvation comes By Grace Through Faith whether the person lived before the Flood, during the OT era, during the NT era, today, or until the LORD Jesus returns.

People in the church age have only to believe that Christ died for their sins on the cross, rose again on the third day and ascended to the Father in heaven.  No works are required for salvation, only faith.   The other people you mentioned were saved by believing (evidenced by acting upon their belief) in what God had revealed to them.  (James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.)
Not one of them believed the gospel of the grace of God as preached by Paul.  It was not revealed to them.  Rather, they simply believed what God promised to them and they obeyed.

Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Hebrews 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Hebrews 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Hebrews 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

Hebrews 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

Hebrews 11:30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

Hebrews 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

Hebrews 11:32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

Hebrews 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

Not one of these people  were required to believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, died for the sins of the world on the cross, rose again on the third day, and ascended to the Father in Heaven.  Not one of them was saved by believing the gospel of the grace of God alone, apart from from any works whatsoever, which Paul tells us was a mystery only revealed to him directly from Christ. They were required to believe what God revealed to them at that time and to act on it.  

No one has said that there is no application for the Sermon on the Mount for Christians today.   You keep saying that, but you are apparently mistaken in your estimation of a dispensationalists view.   This has been dealt with already on the thread.

In my view, the failure of Christians to distinguish the differences between the promises to Israel and those to the church, as well as the blending of their identities, is nothing more than a device of the Devil.  The reformation fell short in that it didn't follow through in taking prophetic passages (a large body of the scriptures) literally.  In this, Protestantism failed to entirely cut the ties with Rome much like Israel failed to utterly wipe out the inhabitants of the land that the Lord God gave to them.

When the differences between Israel and the Church are blurred, the church ends up claiming the promises that God made to Israel by default and thereby calls God a liar.  This is not speculation, this is borne out in history.

Anti-semitism is on the rise again here in the US and in Europe.  On anther forum I have been shocked to experience first-hand how so called christians can hate the Jews so vehemently, though I already knew it intellectually.  They believe the Jews are the seat of Satan's power on the earth, and call for their destruction.  Now, I'm not grouping you in with those kinds of people, don't get me wrong.  I saw from your position on the curse of Canaan thread that you are not someone who will hate a group of people for their race, or for any other reason, from knowing you on the boards.  However, anti-semitism is the end result of the failure to distinquish between Israel and the Church.  As we get closer to the end, this issue will come more to the forefront.  It already is.
Jennifer

PreviousNext

Return to Bible Studies