"HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLE"

This section of the Forum is for Bible studies that are based on the outlines for sound Bible Believing doctrine as highlighted in the Forum Rules section.
Divisive topics will be moderated to avoid contentions and strife 2 Timothy 2:15 , Proverbs 13:10

Re: "HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLE"

Postby George » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:47 pm

Image  Brother Harley,

I am not familiar with Nelson's Compact Concordance, so I can not comment on it. I have owned both a Strong's Concordance and a Young's Concordance and I believe that the Young's is better. I have not used a Cruden's Concordance (although I have given some away) but have been told that it is the easiest to use (and normally the most reasonably priced).

The most important thing to remember about any Concordance is to only use them to "search the Scriptures" and ignore any definitions of Hebrew or Greek words they may supply; since the source of most of their definitions is unregenerate scholarship which can not be trusted to handle the words of God with honesty or integrity.

2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Previous

Return to Bible Studies