How God Rightly Divides

This section of the Forum is for Bible studies that are based on the outlines for sound Bible Believing doctrine as highlighted in the Forum Rules section.
Divisive topics will be moderated to avoid contentions and strife 2 Timothy 2:15 , Proverbs 13:10

Testimony/Testimonies

Postby Chette » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:08 am

I hope this blesses those who are interested in understanding the 9 divisions by God of his word as found in Psalm 119

Testimonies

Testimonies - found 36 times in the OT only and 23 of those times in Psalm 119.    
Testimony is found 73 times in the Bible 42 times in the OT and 31 in the NT.    
Testimony was used first in Scripture in Exodus 16:34 and it is singular, while the plural Testimonies was first used in Duet 4:45.  So we will take a look at these verses to determine the first usage meaning then look at the other verses for additional meanings.

Exo 16:34 As the LORD commanded Moses, so Aaron laid it up before the Testimony, to be kept.  While the first usage verse says that Moses and Aaron laid up a pot of manna before the Testimony.  But the next two uses that came after Exodus 16 tell us that he has not given them the testimony yet.
Exo 25:16 And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.  Future tense
Exo 25:21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. Future tense

So our conclusion is that Moses wrote of how God had brought them out of Egypt with a mighty hand.  And later God gives them the 10 commandments on two tables of stone twice and the second time there are more things written.  The narratives of Israel’s journey which are a testimony and the commandments which are called the testimonies also.  The ark is called the ark of testimony because it carries those writings and tablets.  The Tabernacle is called the tabernacle of the Testimony which is the inner vail and covering of the Holy of Holies.  Most of the uses speak of the commandments and law and the recordings of Israel’s exodus as the testimonies.

Ruth 4:7 Now this [was the manner] in former time in Israel concerning redeeming and concerning changing, for to confirm all things; a man plucked off his shoe, and gave [it] to his neighbour: and this [was] a testimony in Israel.
Ruth is the first place we see the word testimony is used differently.  It is used as a means of recording a witness between two people.  And the commandments, law and statutes, precepts were all given between God and Israel.  So testimony can mean a witness, a covenant, a contract, and it can mean the two stone tablets of the 10 commandments , the law and statutes as well.

2Kings 11:12 And he brought forth the king's son, and put the crown upon him, and [gave him] the testimony; and they made him king, and anointed him; and they clapped their hands, and said, God save the king.
2Chronicles 23:11 Then they brought out the king's son, and put upon him the crown, and [gave him] the testimony, and made him king. And Jehoiada and his sons anointed him, and said, God save the king.
Here is the narrative is about Joash was made king.  It would seem Jehoiada the high priest either took the two tablets from the ark or at least a copy of them to Joash for the royal anointing ceremony.  This was to identify the King with the Lord and Israel.  The testimonies were once again the commandments of God.

Psalm 81 the testimony was a witness to fulfilled prophecy concerning Joseph.  It is a witness of God’s power in his life.

In the New Testament Gospel writings the sacrifice of Moses was a testimony or a witness to the priest by people who had been healed by Jesus Christ making the sacrifice for their healing.
Matt 8:4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
Mark 1:44 And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
Luke 5:14 And he charged him to tell no man: but go, and shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing, according as Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Jesus not receiving the testimony of men even John the baptist
John 5:34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

It was also a witness against those who would not receive the word of the disciples
Matt 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles
Mark 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Mark 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
Luke 9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

Also a witness that what John the Baptist spoke to those who did not receive his testimony
Luke 21:13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
John 3:32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
John 3:33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

A witness that what John the beloved wrote was true
John 21:24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true

The witness of two men established a truth it is called a testimony as in a witnesses testimony for a court or judge.
John 8:17  It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

In Acts we find God word being called testimony that David was a man after God’s own heart.
Acts 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the [son] of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

The next two uses are the Apostle Paul’s testimony one that the witness he was teaching or preaching the truth and it was affirmed by signs and wonders.
Acts 14:3 Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands.

And here that they would not receive Paul’s testimony of Jesus Christ and Christ was the one speaking here.
Acts 22:18 And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me.

Testimonies are the recoding of how God did things and said things, they are also the recordings of the law, they are his words and witness for and against his people Israel.  Someone may rely upon, believe, trust in these testimonies seeing God never changes and that is what give us a basis for our faith.

Lastly let’s look at the Dictionary meaning of testimonies/testimony.

Webster’s 1827 Dictionary  TEST'IMONY, n. L. testimonium. A solemn declaration or affirmation made for the purpose of establishing or proving some fact. Such affirmation in judicial proceedings,may be verbal or written, but must be under oath. Testimony differs from evidence; testimony is the declaration of a witness, and evidence is the effect of that declaration on the mind, or the degree of light which it affords.
1. 1. Affirmation; declaration. These doctrines are supported by the uniform testimony of the fathers. The belief of past facts must depend on the evidence of human testimony, or the testimony of historians.
2. Open attestation; profession.
Thou for the testimony of truth hast borne Universal reproach.
3. Witness; evidence; proof of some fact.
Shake off the dust under your feet, for a testimony against them. Mark 6.
4. In Scripture, the two tables of the law.
Thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee. Ex.25.
5. The book of the law.
He brought forth the king's son--and gave him the testimony. 2 Kings 11.
6. The gospel, which testifies of Christ and declares the will of God. 1 Cor. 2. 2 Tim.1.
7. The ark. Ex.16.
8. The word of God; the Scriptures.
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple Ps.19.
9. The laws or precepts of God. "I love thy testimonies." "I have kept thy testimonies."
10. That which is equivalent to a declaration; manifestation.
Sacrifices were appointed by God for a testimony of his hatred of sin.
11. Evidence suggested to the mind; as the testimony of conscience. 2 Cor.1.
12. Attestation; confirmation.
TEST'IMONY, v.t. To witness. Not in use.

Take this as a basis for your own study and may God bless.
Last edited by Chette on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Re: How God Rightly Divides

Postby George » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:41 am

Aloha Brother Chette,

Amen brother, that was a real fine study. It blessed my heart and opened my mind to some new thoughts about the purpose of testimonies - they're a blessing to those who believe and receive them and a curse to those who disbelieve and reject them.

I hope when the Lord Jesus Christ returns for His saints that I will be found with the testimony of Enoch.

Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby Chette » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:16 am

That too is a good example George.  Maybe I should have used that to sum up.  but your post did just fine.

I hope to post the studies on the other words as time permits I have 8 more to go and that is just on the divisions God placed on his word in PS119.

I am sure as we look at the doctrines we will see there are divisions of those and how they apply to differently to Jews Gentiles and the Church of God.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

Chette

Law / Laws

Postby Chette » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:06 am

This next part is to understand what the law or laws were and are.

Law/Laws

Laws in it plural form are found 19 times in scripture and 16 of them are direct references to God’s Laws.

The first use of the word Laws is found in  Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.  This is the only use that occurs that does not include Israel.

Having read this verse we can add to God’s system of Rightly Dividing his word another two words or terms that is “my voice” and “my charge”.  The first term  "My voice" represents that which was given verbally to men like Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abram and later, to Moses, the Priests and Prophets.  Men  like Samuel, Nathan, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, and lastly John the Baptist, for these men heard God's voice.

The second term, “my charge” is a commands and instructions to do something.  In the case of Abram he kept Gods charge by leaving Ur and traveling to a land he knew not.  Genesis is filled with stories of how God communicated to Abram but it never tells us what laws Abram kept, but we see him trusting God, sacrificing to God, obeying God.  One he obeyed God when he asked him to circumcise himself and all men with him.  And When he asked him to sacrifice Isaac.  Also it represents the Law of Moses given both verbally to Moses and recorded from Exodus through Deuteronomy.

Now we see here in Genesis 26:5 an interesting point and that is there were commandments, statues and laws of God before the Law of Moses for all Israel.  What these were we are not to sure of, but they must have had some bearing on the sacrifices and faith Abram had in God during his pilgrimage in Canaan.  Here in this verse we have three of the 9 terms God used in Psalm 119 to show us his division of the word of truth.

Law it is singular form is found over 459 a god portion of the uses have to do with extended family of the spouse we call them “in-law or in-laws”.  In all the 18 uses found in Exodus only two pertain to God’s word the rest are to extended family.  The two times Laws in it’s plural form are found in Exodus it is directly meaning those commandments and laws given to Israel by Moses.

The Laws and commandments were more than just the ten commandments.  While they were ceremonial, civil and social laws laid out through Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, they were never separated into ceremonial, civil or social laws.  That is a man made division of the Laws given to Israel.  But for Israel there were no divisions ALL the laws which governed every aspect or their nation were to be obeyed by everyone everyday for the existence of the Nation.  It would seem they were to also to be a light unto the Gentile nations around them.  Look what is says in Deut. 4.

Deut 4:1-8 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.  Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.  Your eyes have seen what the LORD did because of Baalpeor: for all the men that followed Baalpeor, the LORD thy God hath destroyed them from among you.  But ye that did cleave unto the LORD your God are alive every one of you this day.  Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.  Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.  For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?  And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

They were to keep all the statues and judgements and all that was commanded them by God’s servant Moses.  The Nations would have looked upon them in awe and wonder as to how wise and how righteous the law of God were.  But it never happened, the Gentiles never spoke thus of Israel’s laws, statues or judgements.  In the context above law includes all that was commanded not just the statutes and judgements.

LAW, n. L. lex; from the root of lay. See lay   A law is that which is laid, set or fixed, like statute, constitution, from L. statuo.  
    1. A rule, particularly an established or permanent rule, prescribed by the supreme power of a state to its subjects, for regulating their actions, particularly their social actions. Laws are imperative or mandatory, commanding what shall be done; prohibitory, restraining from what is to be forborn; or permissive, declaring what may be done without incurring a penalty. The laws which enjoin the duties of piety and morality, are prescribed by God and found in the Scriptures

Basically, laws are established for the governing of people.  Before the flood men were not governed by laws but each man did as he was right in his own eyes.  When a man is left to his own conscience to guide him it will produce wickedness continually.  It was because of that wickedness continually that God pronounced judgement upon the whole earth and called out Noah as he found grace in the sight of God and he was declared to be just and perfect in all his generations and Noah walked with God.

But after the flood we see God setting up some laws for Noah and his sons to follow.  Often people call this division of time the Dispensation of Governments.  God sets up some rules or laws that they are to live by in Genesis 9:1-7.  1) God puts fear in animals so they will be afraid of man, 2) the dietary addition is given to man with a further statute/judgement given concerning the eating of a creature with the blood in it. And 3) the blood of man if shed by beast or man will be required of the one who took it.  I.e. if an animal was to kill a man the animal was to be killed, if a man was to kill a man then that man was to be killed.  A far cry from the laws of the nations today.  Though we are not told of any more than these it would seem these could be what he referred to when he called Abram out of Ur.

Law and Laws refer to the commandments that God had given unto ALL Israel was to live by.  Malachi 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.  It is by observation and application of the Law that Judgement is made.  To understand the law statutes and precepts are made to make application more easily understood and if anyone violated the law, statutes and precepts then they were to be judged by the law and sentenced according to the Law.  Judgement is the sentence to be meted out by the Law.

Chette

Postby Karen » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:36 am

Brother Chette,

Thank you for this wonderful study. It was a great idea to post!

and Brother George,

Thank you for your additional helpful posts to this topic.

Karen
[COLOR=#8064a2]"Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving." Colossians 2:7[/COLOR]
Karen

Law and laws continued - UPDATED!

Postby Chette » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:27 am

Laws often need to be refined and clarified as to how they are to be followed.

In our own constitutional laws we have seen this to the clouding of the basic constitutional rights of individuals.  This same process took place by the priests, scribes and religious elders of the people to the creation of the Talmud.  In which its traditions have replaced the basic laws with all sort of minute practices.

But as I studied the law angle out one thing seemed to stand forth.  the law consist of commandments also called the law, statutes, ordinances and precepts.  these are laid out by God himself when he gave the law to Moses but sometimes not all at the same time.  So you may find a law of a certain sacrifice, then a statute is given to clarify the law, and a precept to make it workable to the individual.

Just as an example Numbers chapter 9 where they are commanded to keep the passover, some came to ask for further understanding of the commandments if they were defiled by a dead body.  so the conclusion was if they could not keep the passover because of being defiled or away when they were clean or returned they were to keep the passover on the 14th day of the second month instead of the first month.

Num 9:4-12 And Moses spake unto the children of Israel, that they should keep the passover.   And they kept the passover on the fourteenth day of the first month at even in the wilderness of Sinai: according to all that the LORD commanded Moses, so did the children of Israel.   And there were certain men, who were defiled by the dead body of a man, that they could not keep the passover on that day: and they came before Moses and before Aaron on that day:  And those men said unto him, We are defiled by the dead body of a man: wherefore are we kept back, that we may not offer an offering of the LORD in his appointed season among the children of Israel?   And Moses said unto them, Stand still, and I will hear what the LORD will command concerning you.   And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,  Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If any man of you or of your posterity shall be unclean by reason of a dead body, or be in a journey afar off, yet he shall keep the passover unto the LORD.   The fourteenth day of the second month at even they shall keep it, and eat it with unleavened bread and bitter herbs.  They shall leave none of it unto the morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the passover they shall keep it.

But if a person just decided they didn't want to keep the passover and they were not defiled by a dead body or away.  they were to be cut off from his people Number 9:13  But the man that is clean, and is not in a journey, and forbeareth to keep the passover, even the same soul shall be cut off from among his people: because he brought not the offering of the LORD in his appointed season, that man shall bear his sin.  this particular law or commandment is known as a judgement. It is both a law and a judgement in that the people were to keep it and judge him by it.  It is God's judgement for violating his commandment or law of the passover.

So God clarified the commandment of the law so that they would not violate it.  Later Talmudic tradition was used to clarify a law concerning honoring the mother and a father to which Jesus asked why they annulled Gods command by their tradition.  It was called Corban

Matt 15:4-6 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.   But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;  And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

Mark 7:8-13 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.   And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.   For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:  But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.   And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;  Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Men must be careful not to make Gods word of no effect by traditions.  In the case of the Talmud they may of had good intentions in trying to clarifying some of the laws but in the end it was excuses created to disobey Gods word with their traditions.

law is an order of God to follow without question, ordinances, statutes and precepts were clarifications of the main law or issue as described above.

Israel transgressed the laws of God by not walking in them.

Here is an example of some of the laws that are laid out in scriptures:

Law of Offerings Read Lev 6-8
Le 6:9 Command Aaron and his sons, saying, This [is] the law of the burnt offering: It [is] the burnt offering, because of the burning upon the altar all night unto the morning, and the fire of the altar shall be burning in it.
Le 6:14 ¶ And this [is] the law of the meat offering: the sons of Aaron shall offer it before the LORD, before the altar.
Le 6:25 Speak unto Aaron and to his sons, saying, This [is] the law of the sin offering: In the place where the burnt offering is killed shall the sin offering be killed before the LORD: it [is] most holy.
Le 7:1 ¶ Likewise this [is] the law of the trespass offering: it [is] most holy.
Le 7:11 ¶ And this [is] the law of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which he shall offer unto the LORD.
Le 7:37 This [is] the law of the burnt offering, of the meat offering, and of the sin offering, and of the trespass offering, and of the consecrations, and of the sacrifice of the peace offerings;

Law of the Beasts and foul - read all of Lev 11
Le 11:46 This [is] the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth:

Laws of uncleanliness and cleansing/cleansed
Le 12:7 Who shall offer it before the LORD, and make an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This [is] the law for her that hath born a male or a female.

Law of the plague of Leporsy read Lev 13 and 14
Le 13:59 This [is] the law of the plague of leprosy in a garment of woollen or linen, either in the warp, or woof, or any thing of skins, to pronounce it clean, or to pronounce it unclean.
Le 14:2 This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest:
Le 14:32 This [is] the law [of him] in whom [is] the plague of leprosy, whose hand is not able to get [that which pertaineth] to his cleansing.
Le 14:54 ¶ This [is] the law for all manner of plague of leprosy, and scall,
Le 14:57 To teach when [it is] unclean, and when [it is] clean: this [is] the law of leprosy.

The Law of him that have and  issue of Fluids read Lev 15
Le 15:32 This [is] the law of him that hath an issue, and [of him] whose seed goeth from him, and is defiled therewith;

The Law of Jealousy 'read Numbers 5
Nu 5:29 This [is] the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside [to another] instead of her husband, and is defiled;

The Law of the Nazarite
Nu 6:13 And this [is] the law of the Nazarite, when the days of his separation are fulfilled: he shall be brought unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation:
Nu 6:21 This [is] the law of the Nazarite who hath vowed, [and of] his offering unto the LORD for his separation, beside [that] that his hand shall get: according to the vow which he vowed, so he must do after the law of his separation.

Here is an ordinance of the Law - this had to do with the cleansing of the priest.
Nu 19:2 This [is] the ordinance of the law which the LORD hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein [is] no blemish, [and] upon which never came yoke:

The law of a man dieth in a tent - read Numbers 19:11-22 it is also connected with the cleansing starting in vs 1
Nu 19:14 This [is] the law, when a man dieth in a tent: all that come into the tent, and all that [is] in the tent, shall be unclean seven days.
Vs 20 is a Judgement Nu 19:20 But the man that shall be unclean, and shall not purify himself, that soul shall be cut off from among the congregation, because he hath defiled the sanctuary of the LORD: the water of separation hath not been sprinkled upon him; he is unclean.

This is just a few of the laws and as you see they get into many many details and observances all of which God clarifies.  By what we have observed above we also get a little understanding of what is a judgement and an ordinance.

This is why under Paul's teaching to the church we are to consider ourselves dead to the law but alive to Christ.  For we are saved by grace through faith and not by works of the law or any work of our own righteousness.

Ro 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.
Ro 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Ro 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Ro 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Ro 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Ro 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Ro 8:7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Here we find God inspired a division of Law and Grace.  Paul made a difference between them.  the Law led one to realize his sin and thus one was a transgressor.  and unsaved man could not be subject to the Law because his mind was carnal.  

Grace was God's favor or help apart from works of the law.  this is an interesting division and it is only effective during the church age.  I have made note many times that in any dispensation or age that Faith, Works and Grace are always connected in some way.

Before Israel Believe God's word, do what was expected like Noah, Job or Abraham in the resurrection and judgement receive God's promise(grace)

Under the age of Israel Law they who had believed or had faith in Gods word did the required work and if they had been faithful they would receive God's grace at the judgement.  Later we saw many got it when Christ was crucified and the graves were opened and many of the saints arose.  

Under the Church Age they who believed the word of God they received the grace of God (salvation) and good works followed them who believed.

Under the Church Built on the Rock, the Church in the wilderness, the Church of the first born (postponed now for circa 1977 years) If they received the word of John the Baptist, Jesus and the apostles and disciples, got baptized, repented and did the works they would enter the Kingdom.  This will start up again when the church has been gathered unto Christ in the clouds evermore to be with him, and Israel's and the worlds great tribulation begins in the not to distant future.  During that time the Jews will be persecuted and tempted to take the mark of the beast, and they will find themselves in need to gather or fellowship together for their daily survival.

This division of Grace and Law made these understandings possible by reading and understanding and comparing Bible with Bible. and Doctrine with Doctrine.  comparing spiritual things with spiritual will give you contrasting understanding and divisions of his word.

Chette

Postby Chette » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:37 am

hi guys I just want you to know I am not finished here yet.  I

I have been busy as ever so much more right now as I continue to work until I have gotten someone to take the work over that I am doing.  In the mean time I am getting more adjusted to working a job and ministering at the same time.

I never thought of a "tent making" but this is as close as it gets working while in the ministry if a very difficult thing.  In Paul's day he would teach at night when he wasn't working.  and at other times I am sure when he wasn't he taught all day into the night.

Bear with me and I will get the next study our for you soon.

Chette

Division 3 - WAY / WAYS

Postby Chette » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:38 am

The study to is not fully exhaustive and I may have missed some verses so anyone is welcome to chime in on any one of the topic at hand.

Division 3 - WAY / WAYS

This Study sprang out of the desire to seek God’s will on how to rightly divide the word of truth.  The first usage of the term “the word of truth” is found in Psalm 119 and therein I found the 9 divisions of God's word of truth. Laws, Testimonies, Way/Ways, Precepts, Statutes, Commandments, Judgements, Word/Words, and Ordinances. We are following our division as found in Psalm 119 I am now on tract with the order in which the division were given in Ps 119 and we are in WAY/WAYS.

Way is found 609 times in the Bible, 479 times in the OT and 130 times in the NT
Ways is found 199 times in the Bible, 179 times in the OT and 20 times in the NT.

Out of 808 verses I found 83 verses that directly speak of God's/the LORD's ways or way.

Way or Ways are paths to be followed, a particular direction physically, mentally or spiritually that one follows to an end.  God’s ways is his law and commandments that he gave for all Israel, his ways are also his works that he has done.

Lets look at the different ways God’s word uses the word way and ways.

The Way of the LORD
Ge 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Jg 2:22 That through them I may prove Israel, whether they will keep the way of the LORD to walk therein, as their fathers did keep [it], or not.
2Ki 21:22 And he forsook the LORD God of his fathers, and walked not in the way of the LORD.
Pr 10:29 ¶ The way of the LORD [is] strength to the upright: but destruction [shall be] to the workers of iniquity.
Isa 40:3 ¶ The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Jer 5:4 Therefore I said, Surely these [are] poor; they are foolish: for they know not the way of the LORD, [nor] the judgment of their God.
Jer 5:5 I will get me unto the great men, and will speak unto them; for they have known the way of the LORD, [and] the judgment of their God: but these have altogether broken the yoke, [and] burst the bonds.
Eze 18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
Eze 18:29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
Eze 33:17 Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:20 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.
Mt 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Mr 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Lu 3:4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Joh 1:23 He said, I [am] the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.
Ac 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

The Ways of the LORD
2Sa 22:22 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
2Ch 17:6 And his heart was lifted up in the ways of the LORD: moreover he took away the high places and groves out of Judah.
Ps 18:21 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
Ps 138:5 Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the LORD: for great [is] the glory of the LORD.
Ho 14:9 Who [is] wise, and he shall understand these [things]? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the LORD [are] right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.

Acts 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, [thou] child of the devil, [thou] enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

My Ways
1Ki 3:14 And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.
1Ki 11:33 Because that they have forsaken me, and have worshipped Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, Chemosh the god of the Moabites, and Milcom the god of the children of Ammon, and have not walked in my ways, to do [that which is] right in mine eyes, and [to keep] my statutes and my judgments, as [did] David his father.
1Ki 11:38 And it shall be, if thou wilt hearken unto all that I command thee, and wilt walk in my ways, and do [that is] right in my sight, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as David my servant did; that I will be with thee, and build thee a sure house, as I built for David, and will give Israel unto thee.
Ps 81:13 Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, [and] Israel had walked in my ways!
  Ps 95:10 Forty years long was I grieved with [this] generation, and said, It [is] a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
Pr 8:32 ¶ Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed [are they that] keep my ways.
Isa 55:8 For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD
Isa 55:9 For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isa 58:2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.
La 3:9 He hath inclosed my ways with hewn stone, he hath made my paths crooked.
La 3:11 He hath turned aside my ways, and pulled me in pieces: he hath made me desolate.
Eze 18:29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
Zec 3:7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.
Mal 2:9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.
Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in [their] heart; and they have not known my ways.

My Way
Eze 18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

His Way
2Sa 22:31 [As for] God, his way [is] perfect; the word of the LORD [is] tried: he [is] a buckler to all them that trust in him.
Job 23:11 My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined.
Job 36:23 Who hath enjoined him his way? or who can say, Thou hast wrought iniquity?
Ps 18:30 [As for] God, his way [is] perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he [is] a buckler to all those that trust in him.
Ps 25:9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
Ps 37:34 ¶ Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see [it].
Pr 8:22 ¶ The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
Na 1:3 The LORD [is] slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit [the wicked]: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds [are] the dust of his feet.

His Ways
De 8:6 Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.
De 10:12 ¶ And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,
De 11:22 For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;
De 19:9 If thou shalt keep all these commandments to do them, which I command thee this day, to love the LORD thy God, and to walk ever in his ways; then shalt thou add three cities more for thee, beside these three:
De 26:17 Thou hast avouched the LORD this day to be thy God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and to hearken unto his voice:
De 28:9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.
De 30:16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
De 32:4 [He is] the Rock, his work [is] perfect: for all his ways [are] judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right [is] he.
Jos 22:5 But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the LORD charged you, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.
1Ki 2:3 And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:
1Ki 8:58 That he may incline our hearts unto him, to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and his statutes, and his judgments, which he commanded our fathers.
Job 26:14 Lo, these [are] parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?
Job 34:27 Because they turned back from him, and would not consider any of his ways:
Ps 103:7 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
Ps 119:3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
Ps 128:1 ¶ <<A Song of degrees.>> Blessed [is] every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
Ps 145:17 The LORD [is] righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
Isa 42:24 Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the LORD, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.
Mic 4:2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Lu 1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
Ro 11:33 ¶ O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

The Ways
De 5:33 Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and [that it may be] well with you, and [that] ye may prolong [your] days in the land which ye shall possess.
2Sa 22:22 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God
Job 40:19 He [is] the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach [unto him].
Jer 7:23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

Thy Ways
2Ch 6:31 That they may fear thee, to walk in thy ways, so long as they live in the land which thou gavest unto our fathers.
Ps 25:4 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
Ps 51:13 [Then] will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Ps 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
Ps 119:15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
Isa 63:17 O LORD, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, [and] hardened our heart from thy fear? Return for thy servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance.
Isa 64:5 Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, [those that] remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.

Acts 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Re 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous [are] thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] thy ways, thou King of saints.

The Good Way
Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where [is] the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk [therein].

The Way
John14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So in Conclusion

We see that God’s ways were commandments by which Israel was to walk in, to keep and to teach.  

God’s ways are his words given and preserved in our AV Bibles and are to be kept and lived by.  

God’s ways are his works which are also known as his testimonies.

Here is a list of the things we saw concerning God's Ways

God’s Ways are to be Walked in
God’s Ways are to be Kept
God’s Ways are to be Known
God’s Ways are to be Taught
God’s Ways are to be Learned
God’s Ways are to be Considered
God’s Ways are to be Respected
God’s Ways are to be Remembered
God’s Ways are to be Stood on

God’s Ways are Perfect
God’s Ways are Equal
God’s Ways are Judgement
God’s Ways are Righteous
God’s Ways are Right
God’s Ways are Past Finding Out
God’s Ways are Life
God’s Ways are Just
God’s Ways are True
God’s Ways are Good

God’s Way is Jesus Christ

AMEN!!!

Chette

Postby PeanutGallery » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:14 pm

One way

Jer 32:39  And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:
1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed with the precious blood of Christ
PeanutGallery

Postby Chette » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:11 am

I have updates to this study I just haven't the time to post them here yet.

but if you want to read the additional studies please go to my blogpage

http://chettesblog.wordpress.com/

Enjoy

Chette

Previous

Return to Bible Studies