Unknown Deception

This section of the Forum is for Bible studies that are based on the outlines for sound Bible Believing doctrine as highlighted in the Forum Rules section.
Divisive topics will be moderated to avoid contentions and strife 2 Timothy 2:15 , Proverbs 13:10

Unknown Deception

Postby Chette » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:46 am

How do we know the heart of a man except by the word of God and he says  Jer 17:9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

If this verse be true, and it is, then the deception of a mans heart is so deep into his subconscious that he rarely without the help of God would ever know if he is deceived.

You can do a search of the internet and find literally a thousand site dedicated to exposing false teaching and heresy in and among the many denominations of the Body of Christ.  Yet each of these groups in and of themselves has some major flaw in their own doctrine and practice while pointing fingers at another.  I am reminded of Gal 5:14, 15 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.  There is an obedience to Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.   The whole point of the dividing of the body of Christ into divisions was in and of itself carnality according to Paul.  And today what has led to some of this dividing was either a lack of love on how one confronted another on their false teaching.  Keep in mind it was not a one sided affair the receiving party also was unable to receive and search the scriptures and see if these thing were so.  And because of the introduction of so many new versions of a Bible out there it seems to leave each man to his conscious to decided what teachings and doctrines were false and which were not, and they had somehow left out one main ingredient in the whole mix, the Holy Ghost.  The Holy Ghost would have us all in unity not division.

I have talked to many a man about some of the questionable things they teach.  Like Paul Becker, he would never consider himself a false teacher or a deceiver yet he does so so simply that not even he knows he is deceiving.  I have read of many a report from the heretic hunters of our day that expose supposed false teachings.  I have tried to gain understanding of their reasoning and many a time I find it clear they have no idea they are deceiving or are deceived.  In this age of the church where we see what few would call apostasy we see that those who are at the forefront of this don’t even believe their are in error.  2Tim 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

I wouldn’t call these persons evil men, at best I would call them godly.  They seem to love the Lord and his word but at the same time they love themselves.  They give just as much attention to themselves as they do the Lord and his word.  On par with their study of God’s word is not just their Bible version but their modern education complete with is secular humanistic teaching and sophist reasoning.  They have not allowed themselves to become new creatures in which the Lord via the Holy Ghost replaces themselves with Himself.   2Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.  

They have not developed the Mind of Christ at least not by the power of the Holy Ghost.  What they have is their own idea on what the mind of Christ is that they were taught or learned with their own mind.  Php 2:1-5  If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.  Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.   Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  

It is not entirely their fault mind you many a teacher before them were students of others who were exactly the same as they.  They have changed in some degrees from outward sin but they have not changed on the inward with the renewing of their mind and dropped their humanistic and sophist reasoning that has been promoted in secular society.  There is levels of Garbage and Baggage of which we all carry.  But the Holy Ghost is needed to engage properly with ones heart and God. Romans 12:1, 2  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

So the false teaching that permeate Christianity today from supposed Christian groups like Roman Catholics, to the mainstream Evangelicals, to the extreme Covenant Keepers groups all have one thing in common.  They don’t have a solid belief in a Bible that is whole, complete, without error and holds all the word of God.  Nothing they can base their faith on for the final authority in their lives.  What they have is their own logic and reasoning being in control of what it is they are to learn to understand, they are to have the mind of Christ.  Their minds are their own and they refuse to give up that last bastion of the old man, not even God is allowed to mess with that.  That is where the real battle for the truth lay, in their heart and mind.

Unless the inner man makes the real progress of Godliness there is no way he will stand strong in grace and truth.  He will have no real peace and be tossed about by every wind of Doctrine.   Eph 4:14 That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;  which tickles the ears but brings about no real change in the heart and mind.  The need of God's peace is important with peace comes stability Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  He has no peace because he does not let God keep his heart and mind through Christ Jesus.  Each of us must understand that our minds are not the full expression of a saved man, and that they are still just as evil continually as they were before slavation.   Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.

This is why the next logical step in our spiritual development after belief on Christ finished work comes by realizing our Hearts are deceived and have been since we were born into the sinful world.  We must see our hearts as God see them and then resolve through the Holy Ghost help to change our minds, for the mind of Christ.  A mind which is already ours as part of our faith in his finished work.  1Cor 2:14-16 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.  But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.  For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.  As long as we use our own minds and hearts that have been deceived by sin we will never know the real things of God.  We will not be able to make right judgments on doctrine and practice as Christians.  We will be deceived and eventually unknowingly deceiving others as well.  We must allow God access to our minds and thinking to changes us into the person of God he wants, to know the things of God and not the things of man.  

I believe that God has preserved his word for us today and that word can be held in our hands, the King James Bible, and it is by that word we will grow not just outwardly but inward as well.  We are in an age that after generations of unknowing deception that had produced churches full of men and women that are equally deceived and the pernicious ways of them is unknown to them because it is in the heart that continues to keep them in deception.

1Cor 2:9, 10 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Return to Bible Studies