Kingdom Building or Body Building?

This section of the Forum is for Bible studies that are based on the outlines for sound Bible Believing doctrine as highlighted in the Forum Rules section.
Divisive topics will be moderated to avoid contentions and strife 2 Timothy 2:15 , Proverbs 13:10

Kingdom Building or Body Building?

Postby Chette » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:33 pm

The Kingdom is for Israel and they were prepared for it via the teachings of Christ and the 12 to Acts 8.

But after Israel rejects the message of Stephan in Acts six and stones him in Acts 7 a shift seems to take place from the Kingdom to a new revelation of Grace alone for salvation and the Kingdom postponed.

So today I here pastors always saying.  "All for the Kingdom.  We have to be about building the Kingdom when the last one is added to the kingdom we are out of here" as if our duty is to be setting up the kingdom or preparing the kingdom.

I know that I was added to the Body of Christ.  I know there is no kingdom with Christ and Israel ruling over the nations now for we are not in the Kingdom age.

From what I can tell it was the cult of Alexandrians that took over the kingdom business from Israel when the kingdom did not come that was at hand at that time and developed into the Doctrines of a temple and priesthood that later morphed into the Roman Catholic church.  Then when the reformation happened these reformed churches continued to develop these kingdom doctrines and today we have men teaching that we are all adding to the kingdom souls.

Jesus may be a king and in someway I may be part of his Kingdom but right now I am only part of his body and important doctrine that seems to take back stage to this neo-kingdom teachings of late.  Without the Holy Ghost in me I could not be strong in the Grace that is in Christ Jesus. Being part of his body if of far greater importance today then being in his kingdom.   In the gospels people (mainly Jews) were added tot he Kingdom by believing, being baptised, doing good works and waiting for the remission of their sins and redemption to come.  In Paul's writings we are baptized by the Holy Ghost into The Body of Christ by faith alone in the finished work of Christ's Death for the forgiveness of our sins, which is a gift of God.

Are we to be about building a Kingdom or are we about building Christ's Body?

What is the obsession with building a kingdom which is something that Christ will do with and for Israel or are we to be about the ministry till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:  Eph 4:13?

What is this obsession with the Kingdom, of which Paul does not teach, that we are to be about building?

I am not denying the spiritual kingdom or the kingdom of God but what I don't agree with is that we are to be about the Kingdom work for Christ building his kingdom until he comes.

From what I see I am not to be kingdom building but Body Building.
Last edited by Chette on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Re: Kingdom Building or Body Building?

Postby armadillo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:48 am

You have struck at the heart of most "protestant" churches and certainly the teachings behind the Whore of Rome.  I believe the basis for Kingdom building comes from having a perverted view of the Millennial Kingdom and the one responsible for establishing the Kingdom.  The Catholic Whore of Rome, along with her daughters (Lutherans, Episcopalians, Anglicans, Orthodox, Presbyterians, et cetera) hold to a post-Millennial view of the end times.  That is, they believe it is their responsibility to bring in the Kingdom by advancing the church. They believe that eventually, by doing good works, by feeding the hungry, by stamping out illiteracy, by fighting poverty, by converting the heathen to their "religion", they will create a Utopian society and when that is accomplished, Jesus will return and accept the Kingdom that has been established by the church.

The Lord said in Mark 14:7  "For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always."  For all their social efforts, they will NOT solve the world's problems, nor will they create a Utopia for the Lord to return and accept.  As any amateur student of the Bible knows, every age ends in apostasy and requires divine intervention to keep from self-destructing, and this age is no different.  When the Lord returns, he will return to find a battle worn and wounded remnant barely holding on against the onslaught of the enemy... hmm, must be getting kind of close.

2 Timothy 3:1  ¶This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

2 Peter 3:3  ¶Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4  And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5  For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6  Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7  But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

So you are absolutely right, until such time, we are to endure to the end, holding on, making disciples and winning the lost, building the Body of Christ.

Amen, Br. Chette, thank you for your post.

Daniel
armadillo

Re: Kingdom Building or Body Building?

Postby Sarge » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:47 pm

"Kingdom Builders" are usually either post-tribbers or post-Millennialists.  Pre-tribbers who over-emphasize "building the Kingdom" are just as confused with Amillennialists.
Thanks for the post, Bro. Chette!

1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
For the love of Christ
(2 Cor. 5:14,15)

From the New Testament Baptist Pulpit
Sarge

Return to Bible Studies