Family Day

Let us know of your God given increase and souls won to the Lord Jesus Christ here. John 3:30, 1 Corinthians 3:6-7, Colossians 2:19 Psalms 107:8, Romans 15:11, Philippians 1:11

Family Day

Postby Chette » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Jan 31st was our churches annual family outing.  Almost all the members came out for this one and we had some guest.  I preached about Christ High priestly prayer for believers from John17:11-26.

Some of the great news was the man who believed on Christ during the Christmas outreach by CC Lynchburg and who had been regular in attendence since Dec 20th, yesterday asked to be baptized.  His son who is a believer already also asked if we would baptize him as well.  So I took a few to explain what Baptism was not (salvation membership, etc...) and how it was their identification to Christ Death, Burial and resurrection.

There were around 50 non believers also at Balsahan who after I did the first Baptism I had all their attention.  It is amazing to see how many people will stop and watch a baptism.

please keep praying for Dong and his son.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Re: Family Day

Postby Valerie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi Chette.

Praise the Lord!!!!!.  I, personally, love a baptism.  It is a feeling which is hard to describe.  The night I was baptized I could not stop shaking, and I just wanted to go outside and proclaim to anyone who was passing of how I was feeling.
I will remember Dong and his son in prayer also.  Chette, if even one of those 50 bystanders were touched by the Holy Spirit and make a personal commitment to Christ what a rejoicing there will be in Heaven.  May the Lord continue to bless you in your ministry for Him and I will continue to hold you and yours up in prayer.

Blessings and love to you all.

In Christ.

Valerie.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Valerie

Return to Ministry Praise Reports