Back Pain

As more often than not, modern medicines and pharmaceuticals can ravage and damage the body more than help and heal it so there are many natural alternatives that will serve the same purpose without some of the horrible side effects, this little section is for the discussion of general health and well being from a born again perspective. 3 John 1:2

Back Pain

Postby Chette » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:34 am

as many of you know I have been suffering from chronic back pain for some time.  

After we got a new mattress last December my lower back virtually all but disappeared but my upper back and neck went on the blink.  last week I bought some new foam pillows which have help greatly.  I have been almost without pain in my back

Now if I can work on a chair at my computer that will allow me to work longer without mid back pain after 15 minutes.

those back magic back stretching boards work great also.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Re: Back Pain

Postby Steve » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Praise the Lord Brother that's Good news for you. I might look into the foam pillows as I hurt my neck a couple of years ago and it has gradually been worsening, although I have been fortunate enough to get Physio on the national health service here and I have had 3 sessions (1 per fortnight) and it is helping tremendously, I have been able to train 'properly' for the first time in over a year. If your lowerback pain is a muscular pain (tensed or contracted muscle) applying intense pressure to the area (to a point of 'comfortable' pain) helps like nothing else, I have found that leaning against a wall (or lying down on a hard surface) with a golf ball at the point of the muscle pain for a few minutes helps to 'work' the contracted knotted muscle and give your neck/back some free reign, then possibly a warm bath afterwards to further help return your muscles elasticity.

In My Saviours Name, The Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 12:12-13 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Steve

Postby Irinee » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Chette and Steve,

Seems like back pain has very long fingers!

George and I switched to a memory foam ( another version of temperpedic mattress) bed over two years ago after continual back pain and , yes, it really helped. I also have a contour memory foam pillow for my neck. My arthritis realy gets to my neck and shoulders. My hands and wrist I can put up with.

I also use the hard surface method that you use Steve. Find a good book on pressure points and that will help when the pain is too sever to go directly on the aching part.

I use a bottle on my neck (I call it my arthritis center) when my neck joint gets swollen.  The joint is about even with your ear lobe; you can feel the swollen joint and it seems to pull your whole shoulder blade out of joint. I lay that joint on the bottle and just about cry and wait for the joint to click back in place. It sure hurts but it sure feel good after! That is normally good for a month for me.

George and I take that stuff for joints that I can never spell, and calcium, magnisium, and zinc. I am salt sensitives so I also take potasium. I would say for almost 70 George is doing quite well. We continually praise The Lord for that.

WE both realize that we should not be as sedate as we are. We get sore just walking so it is hard to just "go for a walk".

Well, you young roosters, wait till you get to be our age. Hope Our Lord comes before that.

Looking forward to His coming.

Your Sister in Christ,
Irinee
Irinee

Postby Valerie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:15 pm

Sis Irinee and Bro Chette.

Have either of you tried Glucosamine Sulphate tablets?  I too suffer with arthritis and have tried these tablets, they are extremely good.  The hospital recommended them for my mother in law before and after knee replacement surgery.  Our own bodies produce Glucosamine and over time it depletes and by taking these tablets you are only replacing what has gone missing over the years.  I can guarantee, that after two or three weeks, you will notice a great difference in pain.  I would imagine they would be good for you too Chette with your back pain.

Blessings to you both.

Valerie.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Valerie

Postby George » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:58 pm

Aloha Sister Valerie,

I have been taking a (liquid) combination of the supplements Glucosomine, Chondroitin, and MSM for nearly ten years, and they have definitely been a big help for me. Sometimes I forget to take them, and within a few days I can feel the difference.

Irene has been taking mangosteene juice for her arthritis for about five or six years and it reduced most of her swelling arthritic joints by 80% to 90%, but there is no way "getting around" getting old! But we are not complaining - we are thankful to God for the health that we have and pray for those brethren that deal with serious pain and disease.

Thanks for the info, it's always a pleasure to hear from you.

3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby Irinee » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:02 am

Hi Valerie,

That was the name of the stuff I couldn't spell. The liquid we take has Glucosamin, Chondritan and MSM. If we miss a few days of taking it, we suffer the pain. I was on that before I got on mangosteen. Mangosteen shrank allmost all of my swollen joints and it seems that the glocosamin is keeping them in check. The joints in my neck. hands, and wrist were swollen and I was beginning to hurt in my ankels and knees. I am not pain free, but I can crochet and do dishes and spend time on the computer. We do walk, but not enough.

I haven't been posting much but I have been reading most of the post. I admit, not all.

In  Christ Love,
Irinee
Irinee

Postby Valerie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:31 am

Aloha George and Irinee.

Good to talk with you both.  I have never heard of Mangosteene juice, I must keep an eye out for it at the health shop here.  I used to take Glucosamine on a regular basis, but now I only take it if I have a bad bout of pain, I am inclined to rely a lot on prayer now as the older I get the less the medication seems to work!  I was troubled for about 2 years with severe gallstone pain and I have prayed so hard over the last 6 months that  the pain would ease and......praise God it has. I have been pain free for about three months now and what a relief!!!!

Anyways enough of this old age talk, we have to think "glorified bodies" then we can make it out the other side.

Blessings to you both.

In Christ.

Valerie.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Valerie

Postby Chette » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:43 am

Yeah I have and take glousophine (SP?) supplement.

I wanted to get a memory foam pillow they had one cheapy small one but it was $40.  It was generic memory foam not a name brand and the pillow was small for the price.  I spent less than half of that for four regular foam ones.

also I noticed a few causes of lower back pain.  having it gave me a plenty of study on what was causing my back pain.  

1) early morning back pain would often go away after my morning constitutional (movement).  Many people are on meds for lower back pain are over weight and have very few bowel movements and the meds promote constipation.  So a good diet that allows you to have evacs regualrly is good at reducing lower back pain.

2) bad mattress that theory was proven (and I knew it too a year ago) when we bought a nice mattress over the holidays.

3) lifting or pulling wrongly.  once I did that it would take weeks to get it back into place.

4) this one for men who are over 40.  a enlarged prostrate can give you lower back pain as well.  and also kidney infections cause lower back pain but usually slightly outside the bone area and more in the muscle area behind the kidneys.

Things that help the back board, putting legs on a chair while lying flat on the ground.  Not sure how it works but it seemed to take pressure of and allow gravity to pull the hips and Sacroiliac and lumbar area.  

lying on or over a softball, or basketball.  putting a basketball between your legs and squeezing tightly also will pull your hips apart just enough to allow realignment.  you will feel a small crack happen in the bones behind the groin area.

stretching helps and a my friend Bob had a rowing bike cycle looking thing that help to stretch if you used it for 20 per day it help stretch the back, legs, shoulders and arms
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Return to Health & Wellbeing