College Students Ministry

Let us know of your God given increase and souls won to the Lord Jesus Christ here. John 3:30, 1 Corinthians 3:6-7, Colossians 2:19 Psalms 107:8, Romans 15:11, Philippians 1:11

College Students Ministry

Postby Sarge » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:27 am

Some of you had helped this friend of mine, a pastor who lost all his clothes and things, during the last flashflood that hit our place.  He invited me to preach the gospel to a group of 20 college students he gathered in his rented home.  I would say that I realized there is still a hunger for the gospel in our country, even from among those whom we thought would be the least interested in hearing it.
For the love of Christ
(2 Cor. 5:14,15)

From the New Testament Baptist Pulpit
Sarge

Re: College Students Ministry

Postby Steve » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:37 pm

Amen Brother! there is still a need and a desire for the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ in all four corners of the world, here in Northern Ireland the majority of "religion" would still be Roman Catholicism, although almost every practising Roman Catholic will tell you they are "Christian" oh how urgent the need is to know that Catholic Christianity is as far from the Bible (and contrary to) as Mormonism, Seventh day adventism, Jehovah's Witnesses, and many other heretical groups that claim "Christianity" yet not the "Born Again" Christianity of the Bible (John 3:3)  (John 3:7). Sadly in the reasonably "comfortable" living in the west, people have no desire to hear that Believing (By Faith) in nothing else ONLY what Christ Finished on the cross will get you to heaven, ironically people choose to believe they can make it by works (Ephesians 2:9) , by riches (Luke 18:25), and by guilt ridden bondage (Rom 8:15), if only they would open their eyes, ears and hearts to the simplicity of the Gospel of Grace many would Believe on Christ and that finished work on Calvary, and trust in that alone for their eternally SECURE salvation.
There are a vast majority of people in this world that will one day soon (Lord willing) find out that living a self inflicted life of bondage to works and sacraments, vain repetition of prayers Matthew 6:7, 7:7 and prayers to idols (1 Co 12:2) will not get them to Heaven and is not bringing them closer the the Lord Jesus Christ, but further away to an ETERNITY separated from God. May God bless and keep you and yours and may his hand always be upon your ministry and your preaching so that his name may be exalted and souls be won through belief in Christ's FINISHED work on the Cross. And may they turn from unrighteousness unto the living God.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

I will keep you in prayers Brother, it is refreshing to know that young folks still have a desire to hear the Gospel, lets pray the Lord, by his Spirit moves in their hearts to Believe on and accept Christ as SAVIOUR! For we give thanks and Pray in Jesus name....Amen.

In My Saviours Name, The Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 12:12-13 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Steve

Postby Valerie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Brother Sammy.

I believe there is still a hunger in most of this world for the Gospel of Christ and praise God for men like yourself, Chette and many others dedicating their lives to filling the bellies of those still hungry.  Time is very short and we must keep on running the race.  May our Lord  supply you with grace and mercy brother to keep on going.

James 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Matthew 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

1 Timothy 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Grace and peace to you and yours.

In Christ.

Valerie.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Valerie

Postby Chette » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:59 am

PTL!!!

I think it is happening everywhere many are coming to the Lord in the last month and this year could be a good planting, watering and harvesting of the Gospel of Christ and the word of God.

It could be a sign that the Lord is finishing his work amongst the the Gentiles, that is the fullness of the gentiles is upon us.  And we are seeing last minute salvations.  I pray I am leading someone to Christ when the trumpet blasts and that Angel shouts to call us up to meet the Lord in the air.

praying for you too brother.  The fields are ripe with harvest and we need more laborers.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Return to Ministry Praise Reports