Book Cover

As the title suggests this section is primarily for art, design and poetry related to Scripture and Bible studies / stories. However if you wish to submit anything else artistic, photography, short stories etc. Then feel at liberty to do so regarding it is done in good taste.

Book Cover

Postby Rick Schworer » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:33 pm

So, a friend of mine that goes to my church and I are working on a cover for my book.  Here is the image that we're going to modify.  Going to remove the spear, put in a sword.  Add heads to the dragon, and put a crown on the rider.  Also the background is going to be more dynamic.

I'm curious what you guys think.

Last edited by Rick Schworer on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Schworer

Re: Book Cover

Postby Steve » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Could work well with the right amount of manipulation. I take it you are going to leave it as a silhouette ?
What is your corresponding verse to go along with the image?

In My Saviours Name, The Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 12:12-13 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Steve

Postby Rick Schworer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:06 am

Not going to put a verse on the cover of the book, but I got a couple of great verses to go with this...

Gen. 3:15, "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

Ps. 68:21, "But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses."

Ps. 110:6, "He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries."

Is. 63:1-4, "Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. 2: Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? 3: I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. 4: For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come."

Rev. 19:11, "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war."
Rick Schworer

Postby Rick Schworer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:48 pm

I think this is the final cover.

Rick Schworer

Postby escapedthenight » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:16 am

Suuuhhhwweeeet!
" Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Eph.6:13
escapedthenight

Postby Rick Schworer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Thanks!  It's pretty amazing what a good graphics designer can do, isn't it?
Rick Schworer

Postby Mongol Servant » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:54 am

Bro Rick,

I like the cover, but can I make a short observation?  In Rev.19:15, the Bible mentions that a sharp sword went out of his mouth, and in Rev 20:9, the Bible says fire from heaven destroyed Satan and those gathered against The Lord.  Is it possible to have the sword coming out of the rider's mouth?  That would look so good!

Let us know when the book is published, I'd like to buy a copy!
[url=%3Ca]"If God and His Word are not known and received, the devil and his works will gain the ascendancy,  If the power of the Gospel is not felt throughout the length and breadth of the land, anarchy and misrule, degradation and misery, corruption and darkness will reign without mitigation or end."[/url]  Daniel Webster
Mongol Servant

Postby Rick Schworer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Well, I originally was going to have scorched earth everywhere with hail, lightning, fire, a big red dragon, and all that other cool stuff.  But I decided against it for two reasons.  One, it was way too much work to get all those images.  And two, even if I could get all those images to work together they'd be distracting.  I love this the way it is becuase it focuses on Christ alone and gives all the glory and honor to the King.

As far as the sword coming out of His mouth....   I think that may be a reference to the word of God, and not an actual sword.  Over an over again the word of God is spoken of as a sword.  I may be wrong on that and I really don't stress out over it.  

Christ second coming is going to be terrifing to His enemies.  It would be even more scary to see a sword coming out His mouth.  Who knows?  There's verses in the Old Testament that have arrows coming down, and some verses have him on a cloud not a horse.  I don't go into that in my book, because someone may get confused or think I'm a Bible correcter or something.  

I think He's coming down on a horse, with a sword in His hand.  I think He kills by running over the enemies, hacking, and speaking.  

Blood up to the Horse's bridle.  It's ganna be a mess.

One thing that is interesting, at the early part of the battle (in my book I put it around Petra, before He heads north to Jerusalem) Christ is killing His enemies ALONE.  

Is. 63:3, "I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment."
Rick Schworer

Return to Scripture Art, Design & Poetry