Quilts for Charities

As the title suggests this section is primarily for art, design and poetry related to Scripture and Bible studies / stories. However if you wish to submit anything else artistic, photography, short stories etc. Then feel at liberty to do so regarding it is done in good taste.

Quilts for Charities

Postby photolady » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:43 pm

I took a beginner's class in quilting late last summer, and since then, I've loved it.
It's so creative, and as colorful as you want it to be.
I also am involved in a charity called Project Linus,

http://www.projectlinus.org/

which is where, eventually, after
I sew all the backs on the quilts, these will be sent to.  My creations, with my Saviour's help,
are in the baby quilt category.  
None of my blankets are online, there, though.  They're all
sitting patiently, waiting to be finished.

Originally, I got into Project Linus, because I love to knit, also. I knit hats, scarves, mittens,
fingerless gloves, stuff like that.  After knitting several squares, I decided if I
wanted to actually donate any, before I get too old, Image I'd better start sewing.  God provided
a second-hand, refurbished Singer, and lots of free fabric from generous ladies at a
church here.  God is good. He WILL supply ALL your needs!!  Image And then some!

So, here they are, in order of first made, to most recently made:

HAPPY APPLES

CLOUDS IN THE SKY

PUPPIES AND KITTENS

AND, THIS ONE I FINISHED TODAY,
I CALL IT HAPPINESS

photolady

Re: Quilts for Charities

Postby photolady » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:44 pm

P.S.  The courthouse didn't need me today, so, I have
to call their number tonight, again, and see if they need
me tomorrow.

photolady

Postby Chette » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:16 am

I take it Photolady is no longer and active member.

If she happens to read this or if anyone can let her know

I would like some straight down photo shots of her quilts to print out as vinyl table covers.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby Valerie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:24 am

Brother Chette.

Photolady has not been around for quite a while, however, if you check out AVBBF and look for "our pics and photos" in the forum jump, there is a lady named Lynne who has posted pictures of some of her quilts.  I am sure she would help you out with whatever you may require.

Blessings to you and yours.

In Christ.

Valerie.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Valerie

Postby Chette » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:47 am

ok I found it.

Do you think she is OK?

or did she leave on her own?
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby Valerie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:41 am

Chette.

I think she will never be ok as she cannot seem to grasp the very basics of the simple faith that is all that is required of us.  She could not get over the fact that works ended at the cross and will not begin again until the tribulation. All we can do is pray that she would see the light so to speak and to learn a little humility.

Hope you are successful with your quilt images. I am sure if you e.mail Lynne and explain the circumstances she will be more than willing to help.  She is a good Sister in Christ.

Blessings to you and yours.

In Christ.

Valerie.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Valerie

Return to Scripture Art, Design & Poetry