My name is John

As Forums are peculiar places, not having the liberty to "know" someone in person can lead to strife and contention because we ALL have our faults, however letting us know a little about who YOU are in the Lord Jesus Christ will go a long way to building genuine Bible Believing Christian fellowship.
You are more than welcome to share your testimony here.
2 Timothy 1:8

My name is John

Postby evangelist6589 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:09 pm

I am new to this board, but post on a number of different christian boards. I was looking for a Bible Preaching Fundamentalist web board but they are hard to find. I am a former seminary student and staff member of Bob Jones University. I am not King James Only, but I do use the King James Version, and will do so in all my posts here as required by the rules.

I am an active evangelist in my city and seek to bring souls to Christ by proclaiming the word through tracts, conversations and street preaching. I also run a Fundamentalist web ministry and have helped many around the world.

Well hope this will work out as there are not many Fundamental boards on the web.

John
evangelist6589

Re: My name is John

Postby Montanabeliever » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Welcome John!  This is a blessed community of people.  Welcome to our fellowship.
Shawn Atchison

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Romans 10:9-10
Montanabeliever

Postby evangelist6589 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Montanabeliever wrote:Welcome John!  This is a blessed community of people.  Welcome to our fellowship.

Thank you. I like the web form software used here. I dont see HTML when I bold posts and the toolbar is feature rich.
evangelist6589

Postby Montanabeliever » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Yes it is very nice to have a site where everything works and it is user friendly.  Some sites make it so frustrating to use and navigate that it isn't worth the time to revisit.

Glad to have you onboard.  You'll find much true fellowship and many wise elders here.  I've learned a lot during my tenure here.  I look forward to getting to know you.
Shawn Atchison

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Romans 10:9-10
Montanabeliever

Postby George » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:32 pm

Image  Brother John,

Welcome to the King James Bible Believers Forum & Symposium. We deeply appreciate your kind consideration of our rules.

Since being "King James Bible only" is not a prerequisite for salvation (or fellowship), we welcome all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ as long as they are willing to abide by the few simple rules we have posted. Having observed the degeneration, corruption, or destruction of several "Bible" Forums over the past three years, brother Steve Monahan and I determined that this Forum would institute some Biblical priorities in the following order:

#1. First: This Forum's main purpose is to glorify Almighty God [1 Corinthians 1:30-31; 10:31]; and as such we try to avoid getting caught up in "foolish and unlearned questions" - "knowing that they do gender strife" and "contentions". [2 Timothy 2:23; Titus 3:9]

#2. Second: Since God "hast magnified thy word above all thy name" [Psalm 138:2] this Forum is here to honor God's Holy word; and as such we will not allow disparaging remarks or attacks against the King James Bible. [Psalms 33:4]

#3. Third: This Forum is here for the edification of Christian brethren [Romans 14:19; 15:2; 1Thessalonians 5:11] - not endless debates.

#4. Fourth: We Have tried to make this a place where Christians (from all around the world) of the same mind can fellowship together and enjoy each others company [1Corinthians 1:9; 1John 1:3]; and share each others burdens (Galatians 6:2 - where possible); and pray for each others needs as they arise [Philippians 4:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:17,25;  2Thessalonians 1:11; 3:1; 1Timothy 2:1].

We believe that if Christians have all of their "priorities" straight, and in the proper order, they can be fruitful in their witness and in their personal lives; and as such we strive to keep & observe these priorities as best we can.

We look forward to your participation here on the KJBBF&S and hope that we can be a blessing to you.

Sincerely yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy word,

George Anderson

Psalms 133:1 A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby evangelist6589 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:01 pm

Thank you my friend. Yes this website loads fast, is user friendly, and has a good layout. I have never been to a site using this software before, but there are many thousands of boards on the web. I do plan to abide by the rules.

George wrote:Image  Brother John,

Welcome to the King James Bible Believers Forum & Symposium. We deeply appreciate your kind consideration of our rules.

Since being "King James Bible only" is not a prerequisite for salvation (or fellowship), we welcome all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ as long as they are willing to abide by the few simple rules we have posted. Having observed the degeneration, corruption, or destruction of several "Bible" Forums over the past three years, brother Steve Monahan and I determined that this Forum would institute some Biblical priorities in the following order:

#1. First: This Forum's main purpose is to glorify Almighty God [1 Corinthians 1:30-31; 10:31]; and as such we try to avoid getting caught up in "foolish and unlearned questions" - "knowing that they do gender strife" and "contentions". [2 Timothy 2:23; Titus 3:9]

#2. Second: Since God "hast magnified thy word above all thy name" [Psalm 138:2] this Forum is here to honor God's Holy word; and as such we will not allow disparaging remarks or attacks against the King James Bible. [Psalms 33:4]

#3. Third: This Forum is here for the edification of Christian brethren [Romans 14:19; 15:2; 1Thessalonians 5:11] - not endless debates.

#4. Fourth: We Have tried to make this a place where Christians (from all around the world) of the same mind can fellowship together and enjoy each others company [1Corinthians 1:9; 1John 1:3]; and share each others burdens (Galatians 6:2 - where possible); and pray for each others needs as they arise [Philippians 4:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:17,25;  2Thessalonians 1:11; 3:1; 1Timothy 2:1].

We believe that if Christians have all of their "priorities" straight, and in the proper order, they can be fruitful in their witness and in their personal lives; and as such we strive to keep & observe these priorities as best we can.

We look forward to your participation here on the KJBBF&S and hope that we can be a blessing to you.

Sincerely yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy word,

George Anderson

Psalms 133:1 A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
evangelist6589

Return to Introductions