Best Tract ministry?

A selection of Bible tracts in written and illustrative format.

Re: Best Tract ministry?

Postby PeanutGallery » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:55 pm

armadillo wrote:"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,"
  "And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father."
  "Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts."
Perhaps this is where they get it from?

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
2Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Notice, it is God who does the dwelling and sending, not the sinner.

armadillo wrote:Edit: I don't understand why the scripture references show up when I preview the post, but they are removed when I submit the post.

Yeah, I run into the same problem; I was told that switching between WYSIWYG at top right of editor may work, but not always.
1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed with the precious blood of Christ
PeanutGallery

Postby armadillo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Well whatever the case, I think it's splitting hairs over a trivial matter.  I really don't see demerits being issued at the judgement seat of Christ, because some dumb sinner didn't know the exact manner for calling on the Lord for salvation. Come on men, let's save the dogmatism for the important stuff.
armadillo

Postby PeanutGallery » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:05 pm

armadillo wrote:Well whatever the case, I think it's splitting hairs over a trivial matter.  I really don't see demerits being issued at the judgement seat of Christ, because some dumb sinner didn't know the exact manner for calling on the Lord for salvation. Come on men, let's save the dogmatism for the important stuff.

Right, if the dumb sinner recognizes his need of a Saviour.
But what if a smart sinner, through easy believism, only needs to ask the Lord into their heart?
PeanutGallery

Postby Steve » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:16 am

Smart or dumb if a man puts his trust in Christ's finished work on the cross he is saved, there is NO NEED to clean up your life before you can come to Jesus, in fact you couldn't anyhow no matter how hard you tried regardless of intellectual status.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Lordship salvationist's are a huge part of why I put this tract up on this forum
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=83

Don't overcomplicate Gods free gift and put the cart before the horse, I am pretty certain it wont go.

In My Saviours Name, The Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 12:12-13 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Steve

Postby Chette » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:44 am

Peanut,

you will notice the way I put it was faith first in the finished work of Christ

at that point the sinner is saved

I should have worded it "As you come into my heart give me strength to live for you". It is just a prayer for strength from Him who dwells with in the heart.  As God comes into their heart at the moment of Faith.

A prayer is done to show the changed heart condition of belief through hearing the word of God.  anyone who thinks their prayer saved them is wrong.  It is their faith that saved them the prayer is an outward witness.

but at any rate as Steve said a sinner cannot repent of sin Spiritually or change Spiritually until he has placed his faith on the finished work of Christ's cross.

The issue with Ray Comfort and the way of the master program is why should I use his stuff if he and his church promote and teach Lordship Salvation.  It is not faith in the cross that saves you or keeps you saved. Under their teaching making Christ your Lord or living a totally sinless life  added to the cross is what saves you.

Luke has the best collection of refutation to that false teaching.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby PeanutGallery » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:34 am

Chette wrote:anyone who thinks their prayer saved them is wrong.  

And that's where easy believism lead many astray; formula prayer without understanding man's guilt in light of God's just demand for holiness.

Thanks
PeanutGallery

Postby Montanabeliever » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:45 am

armadillo wrote:Well whatever the case, I think it's splitting hairs over a trivial matter.  I really don't see demerits being issued at the judgement seat of Christ, because some dumb sinner didn't know the exact manner for calling on the Lord for salvation. Come on men, let's save the dogmatism for the important stuff.

I agree that perhaps the wording of a prayer may not matter as it's the belief in Jesus and confessing with the mouth that saves us.  
Romans 10:9-11 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

I guess all I was trying to ask is, for those that lead people in prayers and they use the term 'asking Jesus into their heart', where in scripture did they learn to witness that way?  I've witnessed this way myself, because that was the way people taught me how to do it.  It was not my intention to judge the method one way or the other.  

I really want to understand this from a scriptural perspective.  I truly want to learn. What is the difference between asking Jesus into ones heart and teaching repentance of sin for salvation?
Shawn Atchison

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Romans 10:9-10
Montanabeliever

Postby Mongol Servant » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:19 pm

OK - back to the topic of the thread.

Chick tracts are some of the best, as well as those from the Fellowship Tract League.
[url=%3Ca]"If God and His Word are not known and received, the devil and his works will gain the ascendancy,  If the power of the Gospel is not felt throughout the length and breadth of the land, anarchy and misrule, degradation and misery, corruption and darkness will reign without mitigation or end."[/url]  Daniel Webster
Mongol Servant

Postby Montanabeliever » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:36 pm

I use the Way of the Master million dollar bills.  They are a visual tract which is what makes them so brilliant. A true stroke of genius! Plain text tracts never get read, and usually get thrown away, so in my experience they are a waste of money and time.  I buy Chick tracts rarely because they are expensive.  I get the free ones with each of Chicks mailings and I give those out, but I've never bought any from them.  I do think that Chick tracts are the best tracts on the market, but I just cannot afford them.  The WOTM tracts are very cheap, another reason I use them.  Besides, they attract a lot of attention.  For example their illusion tracts work wonderfully.  I begin showing one person and the next thing I know, I have a crowd around me, wanting to see the illusion and then asking if they can have some.  I hand them out, telling people they have a gospel message on them.
Shawn Atchison

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Romans 10:9-10
Montanabeliever

Postby armadillo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:59 am

I use Chick Tracts, Sowers of Seed, & Fellowship Tract League, mainly.

I also use tracts printed by Bible Believers Baptist Church, Canton Ohio.

I have some of Way of the Master's tracts, and I have used them, but not much.
armadillo

Previous

Return to Bible Tracts