The Room

As the title suggests this section is primarily for art, design and poetry related to Scripture and Bible studies / stories. However if you wish to submit anything else artistic, photography, short stories etc. Then feel at liberty to do so regarding it is done in good taste.

The Room

Postby Montanabeliever » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:44 am

Have you ever wished you had never been born?  Sometimes I feel that way.  The last week has been kind of like that.  Tonight, I felt I needed to get what I was feeling out so I'm not letting it sit in my head.  This is the result.  I hope you enjoy.

The Room

There is a room inside me.  A room cold, dark, and drear.
I hide it away, obscured from the eyes of those that are near.
Tis such a room, filled with dreadful seclusion
t'would dishearten many upon their intrusion.

This room is a den of loathing and shame.
The walls are adorned with memories, the giving of pain.
All the hurts I've doled out, eat at me like a cancer.
The regrets and sorrow have silenced the dancer.

No, I do not venture often into this place,
preferring to shelter myself from that horrid space.
It is a black hole, swallowing all within.
No light, no emotion, no joy can enter in.

This room inside me, it frightens me sure
For I know better than any, my soul is not pure.
So I conceal it from those that care
I worry should they see it, they no longer will be there.

So tonight, as I lock the door,
From this darkness I'm reprieved once more.
I hope and pray that some light I may find
to excise this cancer that consumes my mind.

Shawn 1-12-2010
Shawn Atchison

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Romans 10:9-10
Montanabeliever

Re: The Room

Postby Valerie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:42 am

Brother Shawn.

I am saddened that you should feel this way at times.  Your words were very touching and I appreciate that it must have taken a lot for you to bare your soul like this.  Please remember you are not alone in feeling this way, there are a lot of believers in the same turmoil.  I can only offer you words of comfort and to let you know I am only a keyboard away if you ever need to chat.
We can find all the answers to all our questions in God's Holy Word and I pray you find yours. The Holy Spirit was called "The Comforter" by the Lord Jesus Christ for a reason, and that reason is that He is with us at all times comforting us.
Blessings to you and yours.

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

In Christ.

Valerie.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Valerie

Postby Irinee » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Brother Shawn,

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

The man who said the above also said:

1 Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

And that is why;

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

To me it is a blessing that "my room " is my private domain. known completely only to my Father who loves me despite my many faults and sins. I am so thankful that He loves me still. George shares my room and has helped me through many times when my spirit was down cast. Our Heavenly Father has always been here for us, and He will always be there with you, especially in your "private room".

In Christin Love, and praying for you,
A sister in Christ. Irene
Irinee

Postby Montanabeliever » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:07 pm

Thank you Valerie and Irenee for your words.  They are definitely an encouragement.

I do identify with Paul did when he said,

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

So I know that God's word is truth because passages like this describe perfectly how I am feeling.  It truly does know the thoughts and intents of my heart.

I too am grateful that my room is private.  I would not want anyone, including a mate, to see what is in there.

Shawn Atchison

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Romans 10:9-10
Montanabeliever

Postby Chette » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Romans 8:26-28  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.   And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.   And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

1Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby Montanabeliever » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Thanks for the scripture Chette.  I will memorize those verses for they are a comfort.  I've been getting into God's Word every day and that has helped to settle my mind and remind me in whom I can trust.

This poem is a product of a dark mood on a bad day.  I am trying to get rid of those moods and days completely.  Actually, I wish I could draw it back into my head and forget it.  lol
Shawn Atchison

Montanabeliever

Postby Chette » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 am

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Return to Scripture Art, Design & Poetry