Greetings, I'm Mike

As Forums are peculiar places, not having the liberty to "know" someone in person can lead to strife and contention because we ALL have our faults, however letting us know a little about who YOU are in the Lord Jesus Christ will go a long way to building genuine Bible Believing Christian fellowship.
You are more than welcome to share your testimony here.
2 Timothy 1:8

Greetings, I'm Mike

Postby buskid1975 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Hello Fellow King James Bible Believers,

I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Mike, and I am the proud father of 14 children and the husband of one wonderful wife.  I was saved in 1983 at a camp-meeting after hearing Dr. J. Harold Smith preach his famous sermon "Gods' Three Deadlines".  

I used the name "buskid1975" because it was in 1975 that a bus worker from an IFB church knocked on our door in the slums of an Ohio city and asked my mom if we could ride the church bus.  I thank God for a church that cared for the "down and out" ~ and truly went into the highways and HEDGES, compelling them to come in.  I shutter to think of what my life would have been like had that bus captain NEVER KNOCKED ON OUR DOOR.  Praise the Lord for the Bus Ministry.  

I want you all to know that I also use the name "buskid1975" instead of my REAL name because I do not wish to be a public profile online.  My name is Mike, however, I do not wish to reveal locations or last names, etc.....for the safety of my family.  I have extended family that is involved in illegal, immoral activities and we prefer to stay as undercover as possible.  Why, you might ask, would I bother telling you this?  I don't want you to consider me a "troll" or simply a "lurker".  I truly have a love for the King James Bible and love our Saviour.  I long to have fellowship with other like minded believers.  

Our family is greatly perplexed by all of the recent KJV controversy and I hope to discuss all that at some point, however, at this point, I am please to simply make your acquaintance.

Mike
Buskid1975Image
buskid1975

Re: Greetings, I'm Mike

Postby Valerie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Image    Brother Mike.

Wow 14 children Image   I imagine your household is never lonely or quiet!.  Please feel free to post as often or as little as your heart compels you to, we endeavour to be an extended family to all our members, although you seem to have plenty of family to share with us.

I pray any time you spend here will be beneficial in your daily walk with Christ and that all glory in your life belongs to God. I too am so glad that God sent that bus to your mothers door.

Once again welcome and blessings to you and yours.

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

In Christ.

Valerie.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Valerie

Postby George » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Image  Brother Mike,

I want to welcome you to the King James Bible Believers Forum & Symposium. We hope your stay here will be both spiritually edifying and profitable.

My wife (Irene) and I were blessed with seven children; you sure have a passel of blessings in your “quiver”.

Psalms 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Most of the brethren here on the Forum are King James Bible Only believers but we try real hard not to hammer people with the “Which Bible Issue”. I have been saved since October 1958 and have been a King James Bible believer since 1968; but I try to avoid being obnoxious over my convictions concerning the Holy word of God, and I do not limit an individual’s salvation to just the King James Bible since a person can get saved from a simple Bible tract or a Gospel message in a foreign language (other than English). There’s a difference between the simple message of the Gospel of grace of God and the Holy Bible.

Again, welcome to the KJBBF&S; if you get a chance, check out the Symposium & Depository side of the site for some articles on various spiritual issues, many of which have been written by members of the Forum.

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby Kiwi Christian » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:24 am

Amen Bro. Mike, thanks for your honest intro and testimony of salvation, it reveals your sincerity for being here!

God bless you and that flock of souls the Lord's given you! Image

In Christ,
Matthew
Kiwi Christian

Postby Steve » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:44 am

Welcome Mike, I know we have spoken via pm but I wish to extend my welcome to you here and the hand of fellowship. May God bless your time spent on these boards.

Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

In My Saviours Name, The Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 12:12-13 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Steve

Postby Chette » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:03 pm

Welcome Mike.

I hope you have a good time here.  browse around and enjoy the Depository and threads

blessings
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby Montanabeliever » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Welcome Brother Mike.  It is wonderful to see you on the forum.  May it be a blessing and an encouragement to you.
Shawn Atchison

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Romans 10:9-10
Montanabeliever

Postby buskid1975 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:40 am

Thank you for all the kind words.  I really do wish there were a little more "action" on here, but I'll enjoy what little there is.  

Thanks again for all the nice words.  

MikeImage
buskid1975

Return to Introductions