Hi everyone!

As Forums are peculiar places, not having the liberty to "know" someone in person can lead to strife and contention because we ALL have our faults, however letting us know a little about who YOU are in the Lord Jesus Christ will go a long way to building genuine Bible Believing Christian fellowship.
You are more than welcome to share your testimony here.
2 Timothy 1:8

Hi everyone!

Postby SilentPsalmist » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:48 pm

I love studying the Bible and it's great that there an internet community dedicated to the Bible issue.  Glad to be here!
SilentPsalmist

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Chette » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:30 pm

Welcome

I hope you will share a little more about yourself.  where your from what you do and how you are doing.

enjoy your self here

Please visit and read some of the articles and books in the Depository.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby SilentPsalmist » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks, Chette.

I'm from California.  I trusted the blood of Christ about a year and a half ago.  My first main ministry that I attended, and the ministry I continue to consider my main ministry, is one that emphasized both the King James Bible issue and mid-Acts dispensationalism ("right division").

I understand that the two main hurdles that we face are 1) the prevervation of the word through transmission and 2) the preservation of the word through translation, because I know that most Bible scholars will argue historically against the first (i.e. "such-and-such verse was added") and conceptually against the second ("English can't fully represent the Greek and Hebrew").  

Doctrinally, I know that God must have preserved his word.  I guess I am at the point where I am interested in combating case-by-case attacks.  This seems like a nice community and I am sure I'll stick around for a while.

~SF
SilentPsalmist

Return to Introductions