The Need of KJV BIbles

Missions support for our Brothers and Sisters in the far reaches of Gods earth, who through trial and hardships endure for the Lords Glory.
Needs, prayers, and support of your missions to be posted here, anything off topic will be moved or removed Rom 10:14

Re: The Need of KJV BIbles

Postby Chette » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:53 am

to give an idea in the last 14 days I have given away

11 English Old and New kJV Bibles,
3 NT KJV Bibles,
and
4 Tagalog NT KJV translation Bibles.

Thanks for helping us to get the word of God to the people here.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby Sarge » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:48 pm

armadillo wrote:Please let me know when you get the shipment so I can let my people know.  Thanks!

The two boxes had arrived last month and I only was able to get it from the city post office yesterday.
(I did not know you sent them to our P.O. Box address.)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
For the love of Christ
(2 Cor. 5:14,15)

From the New Testament Baptist Pulpit
Sarge

Postby George » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:26 pm

Aloha Brother Sammy,

Do you have a different mailing address now? If so, what is it?

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby Sarge » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Hello, Bro. George!

I think the P.O. Box address is more secure and faster. I just forgot to visit the city post office last month.

My home address though is:

New Testament Baptist Church of Trapiche
Brgy. Trapiche, Oton, Iloilo
5020 Philippines

It's "okay" to send Bibles/books to the post office address as I check it once a week or once a month, whenever I go to the city.

It's also "okay" to send them to my home address, so that all I have to do is wait (although sometimes it "seems" a bit longer).

Either way, I'm glad what you all send arrives. I thank you and everyone else who supplies us with this great and constant need - the Word of God for our people here. God bless you all!

P.S. I'm glad none of the Bibles got wet from the small flood we had recently.
P.S. Thanks again to Armadillo! That's the name I told my people. Bibles from a certain "armadillo"! Amen!
For the love of Christ

Sarge

Postby armadillo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:41 am

Sarge wrote:... That's the name I told my people. Bibles from a certain "armadillo"! Amen!

That is funny, I am quietly chuckling to myself...

I am very glad they arrived, praise God, thank you for letting us know.  That was made possible from Penny War donations made by the children of our church and also from several donations of people who would like to remain anonymous.

I like armadillos, I always have, and they are sort of my mascot.  They are not glamorous, they grub around in the dirt, and they are hard-shelled so they can take much affliction.  Reminds me of myself.   I'm the opposite of those stinking Peacocks that graduate from the prestigious seminaries, and strut around like they are something special.  So anyway, I just thought an explanation of my "handle" was due.

Daniel
armadillo

Postby Chette » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:41 am

People who have personalities like an armadillos would make great missionaries.

I will take this moment to thank all of you also for sending us Bibles.  we have around 6 pieces of the 33 that were sent us left.  This is how quickly they go.

The local book store here either can't get them regularly from Philippines Bible Society and Bible league.  I would guess these groups don't want to distribute KJV Bible anymore.   The standard favorite today in NKJV maybe a little closer to the KJV but even then a poor translation looses its supernatural dictionary and cross-referencing systems.

I have lots of Pastors now calling me asking if we have any Commentaries, Concordances and others books.  they are looking for resources. I often tell them just read the Bible it has all they need.

I am glad the the Baptist church in Florida has sent us books over the years that I have blessed many pastors with.

God bless you and yours Daniel for their sacrifice to supply Bible for us.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby Sarge » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:12 am

Thanks, Bro. Daniel!
Please extend our appreciation to all the "anonymous" brethren in Christ, young or old.  We treasure the copies of God's Word you sent us! The two boxes went to two churches.
For the love of Christ

Sarge

Previous

Return to Missions Support