"Christian" Divorces now the same as Secular Divorces

What's happening in the world today?

"Christian" Divorces now the same as Secular Divorces

Postby George » Sat May 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Aloha all,

The following is a portion of an article written by Cal Thomas, a widely read newspaper columnist and Fox News commentator, who may be one of the very few genuine Christians in the secular News Media.

For over 53 years (as a born again Christian) I have personally observed the tragic phenomena in the increase of divorce amongst married couples that profess to be born again Christians (and supposed Bible believers). According to the statistics that I have read, in the United States nearly 80% of all divorces are filed by women (i.e. wives), and, sad to say, nearly all of the divorces amongst Christian couples that I have personally known have been filed by “Christian” women (i.e. wives) also.

Because of the disparity between declared belief and actual practice (conduct) amongst American women (i.e. wives) who profess to be born again Christians (and Bible believers), as a Bible believing Christian I have wondered, for some time, about the difference between “profession” and “possession” amongst professing Christians.

What has happened in the last 50 plus years that it is now practically impossible to distinguish between saved people and lost people?  How is it possible for someone (a “Christian” wife) to genuinely believe the Bible, and yet, ignore the holy words of God concerning the husband and wife relationship and marriage and divorce? Is the modern American Godless Humanistic culture so overwhelmingly persuasive and influential in an individual Christian’s life that they can no longer live overcoming lives in Christ Jesus according to the Holy Scriptures?  

Marriage and political expedience
By Cal Thomas – May 9, 20012
Tribune Media Services

Traditional marriage is an issue most conservative Christians embrace, but even with the North Carolina result and similar laws in other states, this is a battle they are unlikely to win for a number of reasons. One is the behavior of so many in the traditionalist camp. If you are Christian and are going to argue in favor of traditional marriage, it doesn’t help that so many in your camp are poor examples of what marriage is supposed to be — a lifetime union, steadfast and binding through good times and bad, sickness and health.

A 2004 study by the Barna Group, of Ventura, Calif., a Christian research firm that focuses mainly on the beliefs, practices and cultural influences of Christians, found “the likelihood of married adults getting divorced is identical among born-again Christians and those who are not born again.” In other words, the country is supposed to act as these people say, but not as large numbers of them do. Barna followed up in 2008 with a similar study that found that the 2004 numbers were not a fluke. Thirty-two percent of born-again Christians were found to be divorced, a percentage “statistically identical to that of non-born again adults.”

Another reason the battle for traditional marriage is likely to be lost by traditionalists is the problem moralists have always had — the difficulty of imposing their beliefs and values on others who do not share their point of view. The fight over same-sex marriage has now become a political power game and the moral principles set down on stone tablets and given to us in the Bible have been disregarded.

If conservative Christians don’t accept the opinions and practices of those who favor same-sex marriage, why should gays accept theirs? The fight centers on who can muster the most votes, not whether something is objectively true and, more importantly, who gets to make the rules.

Vice President Biden’s Roman Catholic Church staunchly opposes same-sex marriage. If Biden is “comfortable” with it, he must be uncomfortable with a central doctrine of his own religion. Doesn’t that elevate political pragmatism over the will of God, at least as expressed by the Catholic hierarchy?

In ancient and rebellious Israel when there was no wide acceptance of the laws and precepts God had laid down for His people, the writer of the Book known as Judges uses a phrase that could easily apply to our day and our loss of moral direction: “In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.” (Judges 21:25, et al)

How do you impose a biblical and traditionalist worldview about marriage when so many people have become their own “god”?

(Direct all MAIL for Cal Thomas to: Tribune Media Services, 2010 Westridge Drive, Irving, TX 75038. Readers may also e-mail Cal Thomas at tmseditors@tribune.com. )

(C) 2012 TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES, INC.

In these days of rampant apostasy (even among professing Bible believers) an Esther, or a Ruth, or a Sarah [i.e a virtuous woman - Proverbs 31:10-31] is extremely hard to find!

Ecclesiastes 7:27 Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account:
28 Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.
29 Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

Proverbs 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Re: "Christian" Divorces now the same as Secular Divorces

Postby Chette » Sun May 13, 2012 1:56 pm

well George I guess we were truly blessed then with the wives we have for they are quite virtuous and godly.

This week we were learning why the church of God is not of one mind.

1) The many different Bible versions out there make it impossible

2) Self-centeredness and Pride

these alone are the central basis that keep us from being of one mind even as husbands and wives.  those who are spiritual will discern these truths and strive to submit to their own husbands, and to honor your wife.

But more importantly we see this as a sign we are truly in the last days, and while there is no king in Israel every man does what is right in their own eyes.  

How much longer can this world go on in this faithless and godless direction?

1Cor 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Return to Current Events