Ministry Report

Let us know of your God given increase and souls won to the Lord Jesus Christ here. John 3:30, 1 Corinthians 3:6-7, Colossians 2:19 Psalms 107:8, Romans 15:11, Philippians 1:11

Ministry Report

Postby Chette » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:43 am

Hi everyone,

Seems like not much traffic but I wanted to let you know about our on going ministry in Palawan.

Last year we got a letter from our sending church  saying they wanted to be better stewards with the money God was giving them and that God led them through much prayer to drop us from the support roster.

As of today we no longer receive support from them and they have also stopped helping to administer the gifts sent to us for ministry.  so we have sought out other ways to do this but unfortunately those we contacted us denied us because they either didn't know us, or we weren't of their denomination.  We also declined one because they wanted 20% on anything less that $1000 per month and 10% for anything over $1000 which seemed like more of a money making venture that it was a ministry.

We have researched some we don't want to work with because of Doctrinal reasons namely we see false practices and teachings in those associated with their administration ministry and did not want to be judged by their works.

So we have resorted to just using a plain old Western Union, PayPal account personal check deposits into our bank account.  One problem we ran into is the older generation do not have computers to do online giving and some who do just refuse to give online out of fear.

things are tight there as they are here as we continue to do the work.

I was praying if we should continue the work and stay or make our way back to the states and the Lord reminded me of this parable,

Mt 18:12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

In this he spoke to me that even one soul of his children here who is growing spiritually is important to him.  If we leave some it will cause those in the church to either stop attending church altogether or go to churches that are practicing false teachings and practices, or those that are extremely legalistic and controlling.

So we are doing the work and God is blessing the members of his body in our fellowship to grow and that is what matters to us and to our Lord and God.

Please pray for our ministry.  that the Lord will supply our our needs

Also, we had lost some of our members to another church.  At first I was little upset but gave it to the Lord and praised God at least they were still attending church.  It was about 6 families and reduced our Sunday school and church attendance greatly.  then I discovered the truth.  They enticed them saying that to every new member they would give them a pig.  that is like giving the 2500 pesos and it manipulates their cultural weakness of "utang ng loob" that is indebtedness to them for giving to them such a great amount.  Once one person went for it the others followed.  Then they had the nerve to have our old members contact our current members and entice them.  The wise among them refused it at one Bible study they were invited too and saw through the deception.

It is tough to compete with giving away free pigs to very poor people.

if you are not receiving a weekly newsletter and would like to please PM me your email and I will add you to the list.
Last edited by Chette on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Re: Ministry Report

Postby Sarge » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Giving away "free pigs" to steal members from other churches?

I wish I could pray that the Lord will rain pigs for you to give out.

I'm sure God has something in store for you and your ministry, Bro. Chette!
For the love of Christ
(2 Cor. 5:14,15)

From the New Testament Baptist Pulpit
Sarge

Re: Ministry Report

Postby Chette » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:54 am

please we don't need it to rain pigs.  some one might get hurt.  Hee Hee Hee.

it is a seduction technique that is common in big denominations who are after something, usually money.

I vowed years ago never to use the Filipino "Utang ng Loob" culture to get Filipino's into the church.

That is what they are doing.  To know the background.  This pastor is a intl pentecostal and he has been getting lots of support from Korea, Singapore, Austrailia and the US.  the money has been used to build up their business of pigs.  He has so many pigs that they can't even deal with them.  so they started offering them to all who would join the church as new members without any regard to the other pastors/churches members.

They say they are meeting their need and they can preach to them the gospel.  but my members already had believed the gospel.  they are building on another mans work.

oh well such are the days.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Return to Ministry Praise Reports