faith vs works

1 Corinthians 3:1
Have you recently been saved?
If so then there may be many many questions in your mind in regards to living a Christ centred life, how do you do it, how should you read your Bible, what is sound doctrine? This section of the site if for anyone who may have recently, by the Grace of God, been born again or indeed anyone that desires the sincere milk of the word. Ask questions in this section no matter how trivial or silly you may think they are, we must all grow in Grace 2 Peter 3:18

faith vs works

Postby James » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:27 pm

I was recently confronted by a jehovah witness who believes you have to continually work to be saved and that you could lose salvation at any time. I told him i believed once saved always saved. I was writing something up for him bringing out the verses in the bible to support that your justified by faith rather than works. there is one verse i am having trouble understanding i would greatly appreciate any assistance you all could offer.

Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

what does this verse mean?
Malachi 3:6  For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
James

Return to Babes In Christ