The straight gate and the narrow way

1 Corinthians 3:1
Have you recently been saved?
If so then there may be many many questions in your mind in regards to living a Christ centred life, how do you do it, how should you read your Bible, what is sound doctrine? This section of the site if for anyone who may have recently, by the Grace of God, been born again or indeed anyone that desires the sincere milk of the word. Ask questions in this section no matter how trivial or silly you may think they are, we must all grow in Grace 2 Peter 3:18

The straight gate and the narrow way

Postby James » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I thought for the longest time, that people may have messed up doctrine and believe really wierd and bad things, but that at least they believed in Jesus Christ. I thought that at least they were probably saved.  In recent years however I have talked in depth with a lot of people who profess to belive in the Lord Jesus Christ. What a lot of them don't know, is how to get saved! It was absolutely baffling to me. When you spend enough time thinking about it, it is really kind of sad. A lot of times no matter how many verses you can show them they still reject the word of God. It really drives home that wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction and that strait is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to life. Truly few do find it.

Mt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mt 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The other verse that comes to mind is

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Malachi 3:6  For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
James

Re: The straight gate and the narrow way

Postby PeanutGallery » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Both my parents, late 80s, are devout Roman Catholics; my mother thought me a heretic for leaving their Church.
A  few weeks ago on a Saturday, I phoned dad and he said all is well; Sunday morning I get a phone call, my dad had a stroke and expected to pass away within a week.  I drove to see him and had an opportunity to share the Lord Jesus Christ as the only way, the only mediator, the only advocate to the exclusion of the Pope, Mary, eucharist, baptism.
He was paralyzed, couldn't speak and failing; he passed on; I have no idea what went on between him and God and I don't know if I'll ever see him again.
Later, I asked my mom on two separate occasions, "Who shed his blood for you"; she did not reply, and I didn't push it.
One of my brothers told my dad that all is well since he was blessed twice by the priest.

And yet, they seem to be on solid ground being good catholics.

Matt 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed with the precious blood of Christ
PeanutGallery

Return to Babes In Christ