not just one man teaching

1 Corinthians 3:1
Have you recently been saved?
If so then there may be many many questions in your mind in regards to living a Christ centred life, how do you do it, how should you read your Bible, what is sound doctrine? This section of the site if for anyone who may have recently, by the Grace of God, been born again or indeed anyone that desires the sincere milk of the word. Ask questions in this section no matter how trivial or silly you may think they are, we must all grow in Grace 2 Peter 3:18

not just one man teaching

Postby James » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:30 am

1Co 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
1Co 14:28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
1Co 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
1Co 14:30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
1Co 14:31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
1Co 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

I know these verses are talking about spiritual gifts, however it does seem to show that in the early church when the congregation came together it was not just one man teaching or who had something for the congregation. It seems to show that multiple people would talk to the congregation and have something to tech or some sort of comfort to give to those who attended. It reminds me of when im sitting in a church and a preacher is going on about something and then I have some verses that come to mind and i feel like i should say them out loud. Just an interesting obersvation.
Malachi 3:6  For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
James

Re: not just one man teaching

Postby Chette » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:45 am

I believe what God was inspiring through Paul was the problem of the Corinthian church, that they like today's church, where they were as today's church clamoring for ten thousand instructors in Christ  1 Corinthians 4:14-16.

There problem was too many divisions, to many teachers, to many prophets, to many spiritual gifts being practiced, to much eating and drinking and not enough learning and charity.

The key is the last verse 1Cor 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

I was listening to a false teacher, a wrong uniter of scripture rather than a right divider, explain how someone can be filled with the Holy Ghost.  What a mess of gooey nonsense.  Everything but the pure word of God.

Ephesians 5 is very clear if you want to be filled with the Spirit with its outflow of spiritual ministry Eph 5:18 then (Eph 5:1-17 in a nut shell) don't walk in the flesh.

Scriptures are very clear.  what we need to do is pray like the psalmist Ps 119:18 ¶ Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.  So we may see the wonderful things God has for us and how to live the way he wants.

This time of year every church corner you can see harvest festival gatherings and "Octoberfun Festivals".  churches involved in nothing but a bunch of fleshy nonsense that appeals to the flesh.  Octoberfest and Harvest Festivals originated in the Saxon Tribes 3500 years ago (or more) the harvest fest was known to these tribes as Halegmonath (“holy month” or month of offerings) it ran roughly from third week in September to the third week of October (see my blog on the Nebra Sky Disk).  As Joe Friday said "the names have been changed..." but it is still the same thing, time to offer sacrifices and oblations to false gods.  Should Christian churches be involved in imitation of false religions of ancient history or should we be following and sharing the word of God?

Pray for us tomorrow night we are film showing, street preaching complete with handheld signs and handing out tracts and booklets.  We are doing this to reach the lost and we don't have to follow the ways of the world and claim we are trying to reach them.

May God continue to bless your study of his word brother James
Last edited by Chette on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Re: not just one man teaching

Postby James » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Hello Chette,

thank you for your reply to my post. I did not think of it that way but I think you are right. I hope your Halloween showing went well and thank you for your prayers as well.
Malachi 3:6  For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
James

Return to Babes In Christ