Only begotten Son

1 Corinthians 3:1
Have you recently been saved?
If so then there may be many many questions in your mind in regards to living a Christ centred life, how do you do it, how should you read your Bible, what is sound doctrine? This section of the site if for anyone who may have recently, by the Grace of God, been born again or indeed anyone that desires the sincere milk of the word. Ask questions in this section no matter how trivial or silly you may think they are, we must all grow in Grace 2 Peter 3:18

Only begotten Son

Postby PeanutGallery » Tue May 14, 2013 5:19 pm

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son.

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

==============

The argument goes something along this line:

Abraham had two sons, yet Isaac is called the only begotten.

God had two sons, yet Jesus is called the only begotten.

So, the issue is what does 'only begotten' mean?

Note: Upper and lower case is rejected due to Koine manuscripts are all same case; this is what happens when the KJB is rejected.
1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed with the precious blood of Christ
PeanutGallery

Re: Only begotten Son

Postby Chette » Wed May 15, 2013 12:08 am

Adam was not begotten he was Created.

Jesus was begotten as a human by Mary through conception of The Holy Ghost.

Abraham's only begotten with Sarah was Issac and it is through him that Israel comes to whom the land is promised for an habitation.

People make arguments on such little issues as only begotten only to distract from their ignorance of the scriptures.

The bible is never wrong only mans arguments are wrong.  More than likely sophist reasoning has been employed as to how they got to that deducted argument.

False teacher abound and more so as the day approaches for the return of Christ
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Re: Only begotten Son

Postby PeanutGallery » Wed May 15, 2013 2:03 am

Something else I learned; God only recognized one son for Abraham.  Satisfactory answer for me, not necessarily for non-bible believer.

Thanks

Gen 22:2  And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
Gen 22:12  And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
Gen 22:16  And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD , for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed with the precious blood of Christ
PeanutGallery

Return to Babes In Christ