ANOTHER "ROMANS ROAD"

This section of the Forum is for Bible studies that are based on the outlines for sound Bible Believing doctrine as highlighted in the Forum Rules section.
Divisive topics will be moderated to avoid contentions and strife 2 Timothy 2:15 , Proverbs 13:10

ANOTHER "ROMANS ROAD"

Postby George » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Aloha all,

As I have watched my country descend into sin, perversion, debauchery, and all unrighteousness, it occurred to me that there is a historical "pattern" that all countries have followed from the very beginning of the establishment of kingdoms on earth.

The so-called “Romans’ Road” [Romans 3:10-18, 23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-13; 5:1; 8:1, 38-39] is a simple plan of salvation (derived from the Scriptures) that has been used by many sincere Christian Fundamentalists and Evangelicals for some time now. There is another untold “Romans’ Road” [Romans 1:16-32] that leads to pride, envy, covetousness, maliciousness, wickedness, and all unrighteousness (i.e. evil thoughts, deceit, foolishness, fornication, adultery, lasciviousness, theft, false witness, blasphemy, murder, etc., etc.).

THE ROMANS’ ROAD TO RUIN & DAMNATION

•  DISREGARD OF THE TRUTH - WHICH ALWAYS LEADS TO

•  IGNORANCE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD & EVIL - WHICH LEADS TO

•  INDIFFERENCE TO EVIL, SIN, PERVERSION, ETC.  - WHICH LEADS TO

•  TOLERANCE OF EVIL, SIN, PERVERSION, ETC.  - WHICH LEADS TO

•  ACCEPTANCE OF EVIL, SIN, PERVERSION, ETC.  - WHICH LEADS TO

•  ENDORSEMENT OF EVIL, SIN, PERVERSION, ETC. , - WHICH LEADS TO

•  INTIMIDATION OR COERCION TO ACCEPT EVIL, SIN, PERVERSION, ETC. - WHICH LEADS TO

•  ENFORCEMENT OF EVIL, SIN, PERVERSION, ETC.

On what portion of the “Roman’s Road” to Ruin and Damnation is your Country on today?

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Re: ANOTHER "ROMANS ROAD"

Postby armadillo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:31 am

Brother, that is a very interesting post, thank you.

In answer to your question, our country is in transition between intimidation and enforcement, and probably leaning more towards enforcement.  They consider evil to be good and good to be evil.  I am very discouraged with the state of our country, I am most certainly a stranger in a strange land.
armadillo

Postby George » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:27 am

Aloha Brother Daniel,

I am in complete agreement with you brother. Many countries in Europe, along with those in Scandinavia, plus Canada and Australia are already prosecuting Christians for simply speaking out against homosexuals (i.e. Sodomites & Lesbians) and their perverted lifestyle. I firmly believe that it is only a matter of time before the United States joins most of the rest of the world (China, India, all Muslim Countries, most of the Western World, etc.) in the persecution of Bible believers.

The last days are upon us and I am not too sure that those of us who are genuine Bible believers are going to be spared from the unrelenting assault on our beliefs and the ruthless, unyielding, and implacable culture of corruption (i.e. atheistic Humanism) that has permeated practically every facet of our society (including most of the so-called Fundamentalist and Evangelical churches), and which is designed to force everyone to be "conformed to this world" [Romans 12:2].

2 Timothy 3:1 ¶ This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Keep up "the good fight" brother [1Timothy 6:12] and continue doing "the work of God" [John 6:29] while it is still day - for "the night cometh, when no man can work" [John 9:4]. It is our sincere prayer that our God will continue to bless you and yours and the work you have undertaken for Him there in Texas.

I would encourage all of the brethren (everywhere) to continue to "Have faith in God" [Mark 11:22] and to "trust in the Lord" - for He is our "help" and our "shield", our only "hope"!

Proverbs 29:25 ¶ The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Psalms 71:5 For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.

Psalms 42:11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Ecclesiastes 3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby Chette » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Brother George,

I can agree with 100% and I don't think it will be long and I don't think those of us today will be spared some of this persecution because of our beliefs.

Our beliefs are not hateful of the individual just the behaviour.  To be labled a hater or charge with a hate crime because of your distaste for their behaviour is a violation of our freedom of speech.  they can speak against my street witnessing, my preaching and my Lord but I can't speak out against their behaviour.

PTL!  the day draweth nigh that our Lord with gather us together to him in the clouds.

BTW, Thanks for your sacrifice.

Chette
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby Sarge » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:54 am

It's true, Bro. Chette!

Thanks Bro. George for this timely post.
For the love of Christ
(2 Cor. 5:14,15)

From the New Testament Baptist Pulpit
Sarge

Postby George » Thu May 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Aloha all,

The following is just one example of where "The Romans "Road to Ruin" leads:

The perverse “progressive” steps to so-called Same Sex “marriage” (i.e. Homosexual “marriage”)

FIRST: Homosexual men and women sought RECOGNITION (from society and government) for just the so-called “right” to practice their personal perverted behavior.

SECOND: Homosexual men and women sought APPROVAL (from society and government) of their personal perverted behavior as being just an acceptable “alternative lifestyle”.

THIRD: Homosexual men and women sought OFFICIAL SANCTION (from the government) for their personal perverted behavior as being lawfully protected conduct.

FOURTH: Homosexual men and women now DEMAND UNIVERSAL ACCEPTANCE (from all of society) of their perverted lifestyle as being acceptable normal behavior.

FIFTH: The government is now engaged in ENFORCED ACCEPTANCE (from all of society - regardless of personal beliefs) of the homosexual lifestyle as being normal behavior and lawfully protected conduct.

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

Psalms 119:126 ¶ It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law.
127 ¶ Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.
128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

Proverbs 14:12There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

George

Postby Sarge » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:51 pm

One "Romans Road" lead to salvation. This other Romans Road leads to destruction.
For the love of Christ
(2 Cor. 5:14,15)

From the New Testament Baptist Pulpit
Sarge

Postby armadillo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:07 am

I read an article the other day, that was extremely disturbing, yet reminded me of this thread.  By way of background, homosexuality was declassified in 1973, by the American Psychiatric Association in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, from a mental disorder to sexual orientation (interestingly that was the same year abortion was legalized). From that time until now, the normalization of homosexuality has been shoved down the throats of the world, and especially in the last decade.  Numerous laws have been past declaring sodomites a protected class and providing severe penalties for even the perceived discrimination against those perverts.

This year, the APA, in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorder, have declassified pedophilia from a mental disorder to a sexual orientation and changed the term given child molesters from pedophile to "minor-attracted people". So now pedophiles are demanding the same protections as homosexuals.  The article then contained numerous quotes from supposed experts supporting the declassification and supporting equal protections.  And of course, all of this is supported and approved by the current administration.

I truly, never believed the day would come when such blatant, sick, twisted, perverted sin would be pushed upon the populace as normal behaviour.  Words escape me...
armadillo

Postby George » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:29 am

Aloha Brother Daniel,

Thanks for the update on the latest Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, i.e. the 2013 DSM V (or DSM-5); which supersedes the the 2000 DSM-IV-TR; which superseded the 1994 DSM-IV; which superseded the 1987 DSM III-R; which superseded the 1980 DSM III; which superseded the 1968 DSM II; which superseded the 1952 DSM I !!!

Do all of these "Revisions" remind you of anything?

In the 2011 Thread "FALSE WAYS - THE TRUTH ABOUT PSYCHOLOGY" I presented the chronological order of the Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders from the DSM-I to the DSM-IV-R along with the increasing number of so-called "mental disorders" in each succeeding volume.

• In the “original” American “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders” published in 1952 (DSM-I 130 pages) there were 106 types of mental disturbances

• By 1968 (DSM-II 134 pages) the number of categories had grown to 182 separate mental illnesses.

• By 1980 (DSM-III 494 pages) the number of different categories had more than doubled from the 1952 DSM to 265 “mental diseases”. The chairman of the task force that produced the DSM-III, Robert Spitzer, later criticized his own work on it saying “it led to the medicalization of 20-30 percent of the population who may not have had any serious mental problems”. {Does this raise any “red flags” at all?}

• In 1987 a “Revision” of DSM-III (DSM-III-R 567 pages) was made with 292 different categories of mental diseases. {The “medicalization” of an even larger percent of the population, "who may not have any serious mental problems" at all, continued on.}

• In 1994 (DSM-IV 886 pages) the (abnormalities) listed. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders had mushroomed up to 886 pages with at least 297 separate mental disorders – the exact number of supposed “disorders” differs, depending on who is doing the reporting {at least six times as many pages and nearly three times as many categories as the “original” 1952 DSM!}. The more so-called “diseases” or “disorders” – the more MONEY ($$$) and INFLUENCE (i.e. POWER) for Psychologists and Psychiatrists!

• And by the year 2000 (DSM-IV-TR 952 pages) a "Text Revision" of the DSM-IV, known as the DSM-IV-TR was published – The approximate No. of so-called “disorders” varies, depending on who is supplying the information? {Does any of this sound familiar to a Bible believer?} According to the written reports: "The diagnostic categories and the vast majority of the specific criteria for diagnosis were unchanged. The text sections giving extra information on each diagnosis were updated, as were some of the diagnostic codes in order to maintain consistency with the ICD. (International Classification of Diseases by the World Health Organization, i.e. WHO)"

• Due out in 2013: DSM-V {Number of pages & Number of supposed “disorders” = anyone’s guess?} "subtype" of another disorder

Now that the DSM-5 is out it is practically impossible to find out just how many so-called "mental disorders" are depicted in the Manual  (I've checked online and I still don't know). However, if someone were to calculate the various "subtypes" of existing "disorders" and the new "disorders", I am fairly sure that the actual number of so-called mental disorders will increase over the last Manual.

I put no credence in Psychology and believe it to be a modern day godless Philosophy, marketed under the false premise of "science - falsely so-called" [1Timothy 6:20]. In order to be accredited by the government, "Christian" Colleges and Universities are required to teach this garbage in their classes, and most of them conform [Romans 12:2] to the governments' requirements rather than lose their accreditation. I am amazed as to how many of today's professing Bible believers blindly accept this perverse Humanistic speculation and hypothesis as truth!

George

Return to Bible Studies