Just wanting to say hello to all

Random Chat / Topics to be posted here

Re: Just wanting to say hello to all

Postby armadillo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:17 am

A big howdy from the Big Country y'all.

I do apologize for not logging in and participating more.  I have been keeping up with the posts and prayer requests via an RSS reader.  It is very handy to read; but alas, as evident, not handy to reply or post.  I hope everyone is well, enduring to the end.

How is James, Br. Chette? I pray that he has fully recovered from the Lyme's disease, I apologize for not letting you know that I was praying sooner and also for not asking for an update before now.

My daughter Susanna scratched her eye and it got infected, scarred over and cause a significant loss of vision.  When we first took her to the eye doctor, he was talking about having to have a complete cornea transplant.  We tried some drops for six weeks and they really helped and so when we took her back, he did not mention the surgery and put her on another six week treatment.  We will go back in a week for the next follow-up visit.

I have been especially troubled (but not surprised) by recent events, and specifically by the normalization of sexual sins (which has been going on for decades), and criminalization of not accepting and accommodating sins.  After the incident in Houston, I preached dead hard against sexual sins and had a family get up and walk out.  The "man" (if you can call him that) did not have the courage to face me like a man, but rather made snarky comments during the message, walked out, and then had his wife post trash on facebook.  Obviously the message hit a home run and smacked them right between the eyes.  Perhaps some family member of theirs is a pervert, or perhaps they have simply bought into the culture of this society.  I don't know, but I am praying that God will work on them.

As mentioned in the other thread, I fully agree that these are the last days and I think the days of Noah are upon us.  I can only hope this time does not last for very long.  I am not sure why God removes Bible-believers from the mission field, it doesn't make any sense to me.  I never wanted to leave Mexico when we did, but it was God's move not ours.  Others I know, tried desperately to get on the field and were prevented from ever going.  I am glad that the Lord allowed us to go when he did, I don't know if I'll ever get another opportunity to go again.

Did anyone else see the report this week?  Pope Francis said that "God is not a divine being" along with much other nonsense in a defence he made for evolution!  I know they have supported theistic evolution for quick some time, but his speech this week was over the top.  We are living in such strange times, and so many things are happening and changing so quickly.

I am sick and tired of this old world and ready to see the Saviour.  I do not imagine that we are in the tribulation, but it is beyond my imagination to contemplate how bad it will be, considering how bad it is now.

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still around and to tell you all "Keep on the Firing Line!"

Daniel
armadillo

Postby George » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:38 pm

Aloha Brother Daniel,

It was good to hear from you again and I was pleased to know that you are still fighting the good fight. I often think about how you and your family are doing in the great (and still free) State of Texas. It is my sincere hope and prayer that your daughter’s eye heals and clear’s up without any lasting harmful effects. Having raised seven children I know how their care can be such a concern to loving parents.

As to the sad state of our country and the world, I am in complete agreement with you and I am looking forward to the Lord Jesus Christ’s translation of His saints out of this present evil world. I have found that the most exasperating, tiring, heartbreaking, and tragic thing in my life has been dealing with the “brethren” (i.e. professing Bible believers) concerning the TRUTH [John 17:17]!

The following is a very short synopsis of the present world condition and the only reasonable explanation that I can think of as to why the whole world is in such a deplorable state. Concerning the disastrous state of the whole world at this moment in time, have you noticed that every single thing that Almighty God has instituted or established in this world is OUT OF ORDER?

OUT OF ORDER
1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

•  THE PERVERSION & CORRUPTION OF GOD’S HOLY WORDS
•  THE PREVENTION OF THE HEARING & DISSEMINATION OF THE HOLY WORDS OF GOD
•  THE CHANGING OF THE WORDS WITHIN THE HOLY BIBLE (i.e. the King James Bible)
•  THE PERVERSION & CORRUPTION OF TRADITIONAL (i.e. BIBLICAL) MARRIAGE
•  THE CHANGING & CORRUPTION OF MEN AND WOMEN’S TRADITIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
•  THE CHANGING & CORRUPTION OF MEN AND WOMEN’S TRADITIONAL ROLES
•  THE CORRUPTION OF CHILDREN’S TRADITIONAL RELATIONSHIPS TO THEIR PARENTS
•  THE CORRUPTION OF CHILDREN’S TRADITIONAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH THEIR ELDERS
•  THE ACCEPTANCE & PROMOTION OF FORNICATION AS BEING RESPECTABLE & NORMAL
•  THE ACCEPTANCE & PROMOTION OF ADULTERY AS BEING RESPECTABLE & NORMAL
•  THE ACCEPTANCE & PROMOTION OF DIVORCE AS BEING RESPECTABLE & NORMAL
•  THE DEPRIVATION, DEBASEMENT, OR DENUNCIATION OF THINGS THAT ARE GOOD  
•  THE ACCEPTANCE & PROMOTION OF EVIL AS BEING BOTH GOOD & NORMAL
•  THE ACCEPTANCE & PROMOTION OF SODOMY (Sodomites) AS BEING NORMAL
•  THE ACCEPTANCE & PROMOTION OF LESBIANISM (Lesbians) AS BEING NORMAL
•  THE ACCEPTANCE & PROMOTION OF SO-CALLED “SAME-SEX MARRIAGE” AS BEING NORMAL
•  THE PERSECUTION OF JEWS (i.e. Hebrews/Israelites) THROUGHOUT THE WORLD
•  THE PERSECUTION OF THE NATION OF ISRAEL (By nearly all of the countries of the world)
•  THE PERSECUTION OF CHRISTIANS THROUGHOUT THE WORLD
•  THE PERSECUTION OF CHRISTIAN CHURCHES THROUGHOUT THE WORLD
•  THE PERVERSION & CORRUPTION OF THE CHURCH OF GOD (Both from within & without)
•  THE CORRUPTION OF THE OFFICE OF BISHOP (ELDER) WITHIN THE CHURCH OF GOD

HOW is it possible that every single thing that Almighty God has instituted or established in this world concerning mankind has become degraded, debased, and corrupted? Does anyone (with even an ounce of discernment) think that all of these things have come about by accident or by coincidence? HOW is it that, since the beginning of the creation, all of the creatures that inhabit the earth have continued to follow the course that Almighty God instituted and established for them, with the exception of mankind? WHY is it that only mankind is OUT OF ORDER?  

Are today’s professing Christians “vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked” [2Peter 2:7]? Are the souls of today’s professing Christians, who are dwelling among the wicked and seeing and hearing their evil ways, “vexed” . . . “from day to day with their unlawful deeds” [like righteous Lot, 2Peter 2:8]? Or, are today’s professing Christians so earthly minded [Philippians 3:19] and eager to “conform” to the philosophies and traditions of the world [Romans 12:2] that they are willing to ignore God’s Holy words concerning the corrupting influence of leaven [1Corinthians 5:6; Galatians 5:9]; and instead, readily embrace the corrupt ways of the nations of the world and gladly follow “after the rudiments of the world” [Colossians 2:8] rather than follow after God? OUT OF ORDER! ! !

When it comes to WHAT is ‘RIGHT’ and ‘WRONG’ or WHAT is truly “GOOD” and “EVIL”, it comes down to WHAT is our ‘FINAL AUTHORITY’? Is today’s Christian’s ‘final authority’ our ever changing corrupt culture (i.e. godless Humanism), or is our ‘FINAL AUTHORITY’ the Holy word of God?

A person’s concept of what constitutes “RIGHT” and “WRONG” often has little or nothing to do with what is truly “GOOD” or genuinely “EVIL”! In the world, what is considered “Right” and “Wrong” is determined by society (i.e. a “culture”); which, more often than not, is inconsistent, subjective, capricious, and arbitrary. Governments have the ‘Power’ to declare what is “right” and “wrong”, but they do not have the ‘Authority’ to re-define or determine what is “GOOD” or what is “EVIL”! What is “GOOD” or “EVIL” can only be determined by God’s Holy word. Six thousand years of world history has demonstrated (over and over again) that the world’s concept of “Right” and “Wrong” and the Scriptural principles of “GOOD” and “EVIL” are very seldom in agreement.

As for me, when it comes to the word of God or the words of men:

I always assume that: “The word of the LORD is right” – always, and without exception!

And I sincerely believe that: “all his works are done in truth” – always, and without exception!

My faith is founded upon a belief in the words found within the pages of the Holy Bible – a BOOK now known as The King James Bible. My faith is founded upon a belief in the Holy God of the Holy Bible and in His Son The Lord Jesus Christ. My faith is founded upon the testimony given within the pages of the Holy Bible concerning God, His words, His creation, His people, His salvation, His institutions, and including all of the issues of life.

My faith is not founded upon a belief in the words found in the News Media, Academia, Science, or Government; nor is it based upon a belief in the words found in Religion, Philosophy, Psychology, a Church, a School, or a man. I have no faith in men (regardless of Who they may be or what Title they may hold); or in their theories, hypothesis, and speculations; or in their various institutions.  

My faith is based on nothing less than Christ’s righteousness and HIS FINISHED WORK on Calvary. If God’s Grace is not sufficient to save me, secure me, and preserve me; then there is nothing that I might do on my behalf that can or will.

I believe that the King James Bible is God’s written FINAL AUTHORITY on Earth in all matters of faith and practice; which includes all of “the issues of life” - i.e. all circumstances, situations, and undertakings.

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Postby Chette » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:58 pm

HI Daniel,

Well James is doing better but not progressing as we had hoped.  He is still having trouble with his short term memory, his speech is better than it was but has not progressed beyond one or two word sentences. His motor skills are better as of last week he can now go and get my screwdriver and remove the battery covers from his toys and say "battery" (in mumbled type speech).

We are adjusting well but I have to work full time to provide and I am not able to spend the time I would like with James going over his words and numbers.  Tata has been doing it instead.

The world is spiraling into wickedness headlong and when a world gives up on the words of the Living and true word whose name is reverend and holy and worthy of all glory and eternally blessed, their only end is destruction.  We are witnessing the destruction of the world and very quickly comparatively to the last four thousand years of history.  But like the world at the time of Noe it has been roughly 2,000 years and it must grieve God's heart, and judgment will be swift and complete as his son comes to set up his kingdom.

From among the brethren the faith, unity and love we should live by seems to be missing.  People are looking for and I quote a local pastor, "dunamis Power" in their lives and not just the power to live a godly life among the ungodly.  they want signs and wonder power not the power of forgiveness and love, they want spectacular without substance.  they want the a sensational bang for their buck but and have turned the service of God into a way to make money, and the psychology of self development instead of development of Christ likeness.  they serve the creature more than the creator who is blessed forever more, Amen.

We need only watch and pray for our Lord returneth.

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Postby armadillo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:41 am

Thank you Br. Chette for the update, our prayers are with you and your family, and for the recovery of James.  Thank you Br. George for you reply.  Yes the whole world lieth in wickedness, and everything is out of sorts.  It is sad to see so many believers trust in political mechanisations, rather than trust in God. So many are deceived to think these election results will have great change for good, it will right the wrongs of this nation.  When will Christians wake up and realize that turning to one political party or another is not the solution.  We need people to turn away from sin, from politics, from pop-psychology, and turn to the living God, to holiness and to righteousness.  Then and only then will we witness true change in this nation.  But alas, I fear we are too far gone, past the point of return.  At one time, I believed that we could experience another great revival in this nation, another great awakening.  But now I believe all that we can do is hold on for dear life, endure to the end as the remnant, and evangelize whenever and wherever possible, hoping to rescue a few along the way.

Keep on the Firing Line,
Daniel
armadillo

Previous

Return to Chit-Chat