Are we really that valuable?

This section of the Forum is for Bible studies that are based on the outlines for sound Bible Believing doctrine as highlighted in the Forum Rules section.
Divisive topics will be moderated to avoid contentions and strife 2 Timothy 2:15 , Proverbs 13:10

Are we really that valuable?

Postby Chette » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:24 pm

I have heard many pastors and even in Christian songs today that we are valuable and that is why God sent his son to die for us.

I got in some trouble at a church home group when I said that I think people today put to much value on themselves when it comes to Salvation as if they deserved God's love.

While it says God so loved the whole world that he gave sent his only begotten son.  But God loved us unconditionally not because we were of some value to him.

the best set of verses that tell me I am worthless, rotten no good sinner but God still loved me and his son died for me is Romans 5:6-8 ¶ For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.   For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.   But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Christ died for us not because we were of value or even valuable but because we were lost sinners without hope of ever getting to heaven.  God's love is unconditional to us and his son died for us because we could not do it ourselves.

My salvation is not based on my value to God or my being of some intrinsic value, my salvation is based on the character of a loving and mighty God.

The one of Value is our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, he is worthy of all honor, glory and praise for dying for a low down rotten sinner like me and you.

Amen
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Re: Are we really that valuable?

Postby George » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:09 pm

Aloha Brother Chette,

Amen to all that you said brother! The leaven that you are referring to is due to the perverted psychological teaching concerning "SELF ESTEEM"!

God doesn't save us because we are "valuable", He saves us because He loved us.

Isaiah 64:6 ¶ But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Romans 7:14 ¶ For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1 Peter 1:24For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
George Anderson    http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/

. . . . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written . . . . . Romans 3:4
George

Return to Bible Studies