study of the bible

Random Chat / Topics to be posted here

study of the bible

Postby James » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say that it is absolutely amazing how much more you can get from a verse or chapter of the bible when you really take time to sit down and study it. it took me about 5 hours or more just to get through the first chapter of romans and i saw a ton of things i never noticed before. Praise be to God. Just wanted to share

your brother in christ
James
Malachi 3:6  For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
James

Re: study of the bible

Postby PeanutGallery » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Good, then maybe you can help me with 'many' when you get to chap 5.
I was thinking along the line of eternal destiny; God's word proclaims that the many who remain in Adam will perish, and the many who are in Christ will be saved.

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 5:15  But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Rom 5:19  For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Last edited by PeanutGallery on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed with the precious blood of Christ
PeanutGallery

Postby James » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:21 am

that is a very interesting question. it will probably be awhile before i get to chapter 5 i sit down for about an hour n a half every few days so it takes me a week or two to get through 1 chapter although i did spend some time thinking about those verses. I think that what you said you think is a pretty good answer i was thinking something like that but hadn't put them in as good as words as you did. i will certainly revisit it when i get there. thank you for bringing it up.

your brother in christ
James
Malachi 3:6  For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
James

Postby Chette » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:01 am

PeanutGallery wrote:Good, then maybe you can help me with 'many' when you get to chap 5.
I was thinking along the line of eternal destiny; God's word proclaims that the many who remain in Adam will perish, and the many who are in Christ will be saved.

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 5:15  But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Rom 5:19  For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

the many are destined by their choice not God's Choice.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

www.chettesblog.wordpress.com
Chette

Return to Chit-Chat